Asus p5w dh trouble

mtotho

11 posts in this topic

I have this board in the title. I use Kalyways to install. I choose the p5w dh sound option. I choose MBR (yes my partition is formatted as MBR) i choose vanilla and the fix. I Install succesfully. Everything works 100 percent (even update to 10.5.2) works. The only thing is my quad core doesnt work. I have to boot with cpus=1 or i get restarted instantly. Anyone with this board want to give me a tip? thanks. Further specs in signature.

dci693,

I have the same board except the cpu is a core2 duo and I can reboot/ sleep/ restart..

Thanks. I have this board (still in the box) and a working install with the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. Trying to decide if I want to keep the Asus board. :D Sleep is an important factor to me. I'd like to do my part to reduce power consumption and save the world (and my electricity bill).

KENK2, what kext did u replace after doing the netkas method ?

i replaced the ACPI and SMBIOS from kalyway 10.5.1 ...

booted up fine but now i can only sleep and not wake . first time i was able to wake only to find the curtain of death telling me to restart ..!!

ALSO

the first time i tried software update it exited unexpectedly .. the first time ever in my life seeing that error !!!

the second time was fine ..

SO P5WDH users ...

tell us whats working and not working after updating ..

for me .. sleep and sound .. dont know where to get the kext for sound since i updated to 10.5.2 //// i need sleep to work !!

everything works except sleep (didn´t try wifi - this never worked really for me)I took the sound extensions from the kaliway and installed with kexthelper without any problems.

before I tried to install from my extensions backup - for some reason this didn´t work.