Screensaver starts even when set to Never...

guaterickie

7 posts in this topic

I keep getting this problem and its not that big of a deal but its pissing me off. I have set my screensaver to NEVER start yet when i fall asleep and come back the screensaver is up. When i went to eat half an hour ago and came back 15 minutes later the screensaver was on. I dont get it is there another option somewhere else that i am missing?

I have the same problem. On the same front, my computer wakes from sleep with the message in my console stating that "Screensaver is running in blackout mode"... Didn't have this problem in Tiger on in Leopard. I upgraded to 10.5.2 and still have the issue....

ok I think I have the cause of the issue. Checking my log files, it appears that my external hard drive is causing the compter to wake up. Here are the console logs:

13/02/08 11:00:07 PM kernel System Sleep

13/02/08 11:03:53 PM kernel System Wake

13/02/08 11:03:53 PM kernel USB caused wake event (EHCI)

13/02/08 11:03:55 PM kernel AppleYukon2 - en0 link active, 100-Mbit, full duplex, flow control disabled port 0

13/02/08 11:04:04 PM mDNSResponder[20] Note: Frequent transitions for interface en0 (192.168.0.4); network traffic reduction measures in effect

13/02/08 11:04:33 PM ScreenSaverEngine[493] Screen saver is running in blackout mode.

I unplugged the hard drive and the computer stayed asleep all night.

Is there a solution to keep the hard drive plugged in while the computer is sleeping or so I have to unmount and turn off the drive everytime the computer sleeps?

• 4 weeks later...

Also having the same problem. I have no evidence to support this but my impression is that there are odd Permissions issues with the Kalaway install, could this have something to do with it?

• 4 months later...