iTunes Sharing Problems

empire29

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a kalyway 10.5.1 install with iTunes 7.6 installed. I have have a HTPC running Windows Server 2003 and iTunes 7.6 (which has all my music on it).

I have shared out my Music library via iTunes FROM my HTPC/Windows 2003 server box -- however my OS X 10.5.1 iTunes install cannot find the share (i have the install looking for shares).

I tried sharing a library FROM my OS X iTunes install TO my windows 2003 server iTunes install - and that worked fine. I just cant share _TO_ my OS X install.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Hi,

in another thread I read about an issue with Bonjour and the included Realtek Network Driver. Try to install the latest version, which is 1.04. Search for "Bonjour" in the OSX86 Leopard installation part to read more about the driver update.

On my system Bonjour was not working properly, which resulted in not showing other Apple computers, not finding printers and also not finding any iTunes libraries. Installing the update fixed that issue.

Hope that helps.

Regards, JL

Thanks - this fixed my problem. The solution was to update the Realtek Ethernet Driver to the Realtek1000 driver.

Hi,

in another thread I read about an issue with Bonjour and the included Realtek Network Driver. Try to install the latest version, which is 1.04. Search for "Bonjour" in the OSX86 Leopard installation part to read more about the driver update.

On my system Bonjour was not working properly, which resulted in not showing other Apple computers, not finding printers and also not finding any iTunes libraries. Installing the update fixed that issue.

Hope that helps.

Regards, JL