ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT and iATKOS 1.0r2

zapzupnz

9 posts in this topic

Howdy

My problem is simple. I have a computer whose video card is an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT card. Now I hear these work nearly immediately and perfectly if you are using 10.5.2, or using customised kexts in 10.5.1.

I have been successful in installing iATKOS 1.0r2, and due to bandwidth limitations I am not able or willing to try Kalyway given my current success.

HOWEVER

Since I'm using a flat install of iATKOS, it will obviously not contain the drivers mentioned above. Users have given the suggestion in various OSX86 forums to install such drivers in conjunction with Pacfifist Well this is lovely, but I can't even get that far. The display fails and I get a page full of garbage. I thought it was a bit odd that this happens, considering I can get video in the installer going sweet.

So if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. What good is a working install that does not work?

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem, and i have no idea how to fix it.

i hear the music of the welcome video, but i only see the grey background and some graphics errors along the whole screen.

i'm a newbie so if anyone could help me i would really appreciate.

EDIT:

i also installed today kalyway 10.5.1 on my first try i dind'nt choose any of the graphic drivers, and it turn out the same as in the iATKOS. then i selected the ati drivers options, and after installing and reboot, the grey apple logo appeaes while loading, and then, just appears a grey background.

is there any chance than i can run Leopard with a ati 2600 series (laptop 2600 HD)?

can anyone help me?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue, I installed the iATKOS v1.0i i didn't customise the install in anyway and it goes fine until i reboot.

after the grey apple logo with the circular thing I get a scrambled start page.

I can hear the music to the video but nothing else happens, I can start in safe mode with graphics if i type -x at the boot prompt. after this i have no idea what to do about graphics drivers.

I tried following a couple of walkthroughs but none of them worked I just got a black screen in both safe and normal mode.

I'm trying to run it on my toshiba satellite pro a200-1f9

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 / 2 GHz

4GB DDR II SDRAM - 667 MHz

250 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 4200 rpm (hard drive is shockingly slow)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 256 MB

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

• 2 weeks later...

nope, didnt work, just boots to a black screen

followed steps 1-3 skipped 4 cause i only have the regular hd 2600 and did 5 and 6

now it boots and right after the grey apple logo the screen goes off.

any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
nope, didnt work, just boots to a black screen

followed steps 1-3 skipped 4 cause i only have the regular hd 2600 and did 5 and 6

now it boots and right after the grey apple logo the screen goes off.

any suggestions?

you get a kernel panic (the same graphic card on toshiba A200) , try remove ATIRadeonX2000.kext , it'll work but not

full resolution , just in 1024*768 !

you get a kernel panic (the same graphic card on toshiba A200) , try remove ATIRadeonX2000.kext , it'll work but not

full resolution , just in 1024*768 !

yes, only without kext works the osx... kinda stupid, becouze i was unable to look any videos, or install software (logic 8)... qe isnt supported... damn...

The Resolution you can change by starting osx with "Graphic Mode"="1440*720" or so...

The stupidest thing is that im able to look hd trailers on apple site without any loss of speed... strange...