"Hackintosh" Woes :(

Ronaldinio

10 posts in this topic

So basically i've been downloading this iso of an AMD Leopard from Pirates Bay for 2 weeks now, and I've been so excited for it, and when the time finally comes, and i unzip, and burn the ISO to a dvd, something goes wrong ;)

So here are my system specs:

HP Pavilion dv9500 Series (It's a 9623ca)

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 ~2.00 GHz

Chipset & Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150m / nForce 630m (I Hate shared graphics cards...)

1982 MB Ram

32 Bit Vista Ultimate (patched, no activation DELL)

I boot from the dvd, and when I use disk utility, I don't see my hard drives :D I only see my dvd drive with the disc inside. Can anyone help me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't know that my laptop is similar to yours, but it's an HP Pavilion dv2416us. It has a Turion Processor as well... what I did was I reformatted the HD to FAT32 and when I try to install, it sees my laptop, only thing is, I still can't have it boot. I've successfully installed iAtkos v4a but still can't boot it up. I think it has to do with the partitions and because my HD always makes an MBR Partition regardless of whether I repartition it to GUID via Apple's Disk Util.

I don't know that my laptop is similar to yours, but it's an HP Pavilion dv2416us. It has a Turion Processor as well... what I did was I reformatted the HD to FAT32 and when I try to install, it sees my laptop, only thing is, I still can't have it boot. I've successfully installed iAtkos v4a but still can't boot it up. I think it has to do with the partitions and because my HD always makes an MBR Partition regardless of whether I repartition it to GUID via Apple's Disk Util.

Dont Set it to GUID LEAVE IT AT mbr in disk utility.

So basically i've been downloading this iso of an AMD Leopard from Pirates Bay for 2 weeks now, and I've been so excited for it, and when the time finally comes, and i unzip, and burn the ISO to a dvd, something goes wrong :)

So here are my system specs:

HP Pavilion dv9500 Series (It's a 9623ca)

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 ~2.00 GHz

Chipset & Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150m / nForce 630m (I Hate shared graphics cards...)

1982 MB Ram

32 Bit Vista Ultimate (patched, no activation DELL)

I boot from the dvd, and when I use disk utility, I don't see my hard drives :( I only see my dvd drive with the disc inside. Can anyone help me?

Have You Tried other Distros? Leo4all v2 might work.