Hello,

i'm new here and it looks very great but I also have a big problem:

I have the mac osx 10.5.1 (kalyka...) version and the following system:

cpu: Intel QuadCore Q6600

mainboard: MSI Platinum P35

hdd: Samsung 250GB SATAII

dvd: lg dvd burner (ide)

gpu: GeForce 8800GTS 512MB (G92)

Now when i try to boot the disc there is a Darwin message and it loads the kernel. Then i see for about 1 second the gray mac osx window and than my pc reboot.

Can anybody help me to fix this ?

The disc is fully functional, because on my notebook it installs mac osx without any problems.

Thanks for help.

venorm

hit f8 at startup and type -v, and try to read what it says.

also try typing -v -x for diagnostic safe boot. that might work.

but overall, it looks like you have a very compatible system. and one more thing to try: go into the bios options, and turn on execute disable bit, and turn off everthing else (C1E enhanced halt state, TM1 and TM2, virtualization, and everything else as well)

So now i tried what you said but without luck.

But while i was booting with -v option on i could see that he loads all the content of the disc without errors and then for 1ms the display switched to black and then i can see some messages in a small font and a strong white color, but its too fast that i can use the pause key on my keyboard. And then the pc reboots. I am not sure but I think I could read the word CPU. So could it be something with wrong bios settings ? The options you said are not in my bios options, only execute disable bit which i switched to enabled. Than the rest i cannot find in my options but i turned the followings to disable: D.O.T control, intel EIST, spread spectrum.

Do you have any other tips ?

ok now i am a step further.

I started the dvd with the option: "-v -x -legacy cpus=1" and now i see the graphical loading screen (this one with the apple logo). But until then it is in a loop. The -v option shows me the following:

Error: firewire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure (I think thats not the problem)

Still Waiting for root device (thats the problem !!!!)

Still Waiting for root device (after 1min)

Still Waiting for root device (after 2min ...)

I think there is problem detecting my 250 GB SataII HDD. Is there a way around ? I also have an IDE drive but actually not in my pc. But could it be a solution to use an ide hdd, because i had read that 250 GB sataII are not compatible.

still waiting for root device means that no driver is installed for the device you're booting from. for example: you have an IDE dvd drive. IDE is a no-go until you find a driver.

example2: you have a SATA dvd drive. set the sata controller to AHCI mode in the bios.

no, i have an ide dvd drive

in the wiki hcl there is no configuration like my pc.

It is possible to install from an extern usb hdd drive ? So that I can write the image to an hdd drive and let them boot ?

Or is there any way ?

ok i went onto the HCL's and found that IDE and SATA should both work out of the box.

you can try a few things at this point.

1)mess around with the BIOS settings until it works (I don't know the specifics of your BIOS as I don't have a p35.

2)try using a different disk image (toh, iATKOS)

3) I'm not positive on this, but I believe your board uses marvell yukon IDE. somebody correct me if i'm wrong. it's a problematic component. there's a driver for it, it's possible for you to patch it into a disk image

4) i think it's possible to but the image on an external HDD, but I don't know how.

5) dvd drives aren't very expensive. if you have 30 bucks lying around, check out newegg and buy a SATA dvd drive. besides, it's nice to have two. I do. I have an IDE and a SATA.

first, try downloading another release of osx86, i think iATKOS has the marvell patch.

but putting it on yourself involves the use of an archive tool such as (winrar?, maybe) to add the kext to the system/library/extensions directory of the iso image. i don't know where to download it.

Now i tried the iATKOS release without luck. Here, darwin stops directly with a message that ???ACPI_Power??? (something like that, but ACPI is right) has dependencies with com.apple.kernel.

Then nothing happens.

Now i will look for the marvell patch, if you know were i can get it please give me an info.

My Marvell Adapter (the line at the boot prompt): Marvell 88SE1xx

Now i tried the iATKOS release without luck. Here, darwin stops directly with a message that ???ACPI_Power??? (something like that, but ACPI is right) has dependencies with com.apple.kernel.

Then nothing happens.

Now i will look for the marvell patch, if you know were i can get it please give me an info.

My Marvell Adapter (the line at the boot prompt): Marvell 88SE1xx

recommended use brazilmac instead of using iatkos,They gutted too many things, now many apps won't run.

ok, today i invested my money into an lg dvd drive with sata. So now i can run the setup.

But before i start to install, which drivers do i need after the install? Here i have made a list of my device ids from which i think i need special drivers:

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0600&SUBSYS_23321682&REV_A2
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0600&SUBSYS_23321682
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0600&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0600&CC_0300

Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_345C1462&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_345C1462
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200

Realtek High Definition Audio
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1462745A&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1462745A

Can someone tell me where i can now find the exact device ID from these Hardware ID lines ? Thanks.

after DEV.

8800gts: 0600

RTL8168b: 8168

audio: 0888

NVinject will get your 8800gts working. i think the memory size specific versions are on the iatkos release, so you can pull them from the disk image or dvd that i presume you made, after installation (look for something along the lines of: nvinject_512).

not sure about the other two, but i think they might have a chance of working out of the box.