problem with installing leopard(kalyway)

mariusY

14 posts in this topic

i have this configuration:

mainboard:p5nd2sli

ram:2gb

video:geforce 7300GT

cpu:pentium D 3.00 ghz

i tried to install leopard but afer boot and press enter ...few moments... appear the logo and after few moments (1-2 minutes) appear a spinning circle:| and nothing happends.

after that i tried to install with "-v" command. and i have this problem:

"sam multimedia: READ or WRITE failed

still waiting for root device"

dsc09079ps7.jpg

anyone know what can i do?

please if u know help me

thanks a lot.

i have a Sata hdd (WD) as primary where i have a win vista

and i have a IDE(P-ata) hdd (seagate) .

i`ll take a look on your link right now.

thanks

That happens when you have a bad disc.You can try again reburning your disc at a lower speed possible.Greetings...

That happens when you have a bad disc.You can try again reburning your disc at a lower speed possible.Greetings...

yes... i found that and other sites:) thanks a lot. i`ll reburing now at 4x with nero 7 . first time when i burned it was at 16x with nero 8 because i can't set a lower speed. i hope will work:)

but this error :"still waiting for root device..." is because my sata hdd isn't recognized? i have and a P-ata hdd.

i i try to disconnect my sata hdd and let just my p-ata hdd will work? and afer install reconnect my sata hdd.

i read in the link from Painkiller and i saw it's about booting after install and something about installing in a vMware station.

LE: i reburned a dvd-r at 4x and the same problem. i`ll buy tomorrow a dvd-rw disc. i read on some forums a lot of people solved this problem with a dvd-rw burned at 2x.

someone can say me a software who burn at 2x? my nero burn at 4x minimum.

yes... i found that and other sites:) thanks a lot. i`ll reburing now at 4x with nero 7 . first time when i burned it was at 16x with nero 8 because i can't set a lower speed. i hope will work:)

but this error :"still waiting for root device..." is because my sata hdd isn't recognized? i have and a P-ata hdd.

i i try to disconnect my sata hdd and let just my p-ata hdd will work? and afer install reconnect my sata hdd.

i read in the link from Painkiller and i saw it's about booting after install and something about installing in a vMware station.

LE: i reburned a dvd-r at 4x and the same problem. i`ll buy tomorrow a dvd-rw disc. i read on some forums a lot of people solved this problem with a dvd-rw burned at 2x.

someone can say me a software who burn at 2x? my nero burn at 4x minimum.

Yes,you could do the trick of disconnect your SATA during install on the other.If you can do it,then the SATA support is your problem.Other thing that you can do is let the SATA alone (check that your DVD drive is primary) and see what happens:this will make it all clear for you.I burned my disc at 2x with a release that come with an old burner that I got (SONY NTI DVD Maker).

no no no pata .... do not use it had same problem here on P5K kerenel panic @ hdd detection

use sata1 as HDD

use sata2 as DVD

and

nothing else

no ide ...

burn disk at 1X ...

install and then connect

thanks a lot guys. i`ll try to disconnect my pata hdd and put my sata hdd on sata1 and my dvd on sata2.

but i have a question.

on my sata hdd i have C:\ where is my Win Vista. F:\ for my stuffs. and

D:\ where was a Win XP but i deleted some files and Windows folder because i don't need win xp but there still are some Boot files like boot.ini

when i power on my computer it start directly to Vista. Xp don't appear.

in Boot.ini is that:";

;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.

;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.

;

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

"

i tried to found bcdedit.exe on D:\ and in C:\ but i just founded in D:\ in a folder Boot a file(open with notepad) BCD but when i open with notepad it says :"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

if i`ll format D:\ to put mac here my windows vista will still booting like before?

i reburned at 2x on dvd-rw but i have the same error:| SAM MULTIMEDIA and still waiting... :blink:

i put my sata hdd on sata 1 but i my dvd device is on ide. i think i can't put it on sata2 :-??

i read on other place something like that:

"this problem usually occurs when your HDD and your DVD drive are not connected to the same IDE connector. To solve this problem, ensure that your DVD drive is a secondary master. This can be done by adjusting the jumper found behind your DVD drive.

"

and

"if you are using a SATA disk, make sure you set the SATA mode in your BIOS to non-native. Then on top of that boot with the -x option (safe mode). That should start the installation successfully."

how can i set the sata mode to non-native? i don't find something like that in bios.

any1 can help me pls? :|

You're not the only one with this problem. I think it's an SATA problem with MeDevil's new AppleNForceATA.kext (which I think is included in the Kalaway install). I had the same problem, used Zephyroths install (on my sata dvdrom drive), had no problems installing on to my IDE partition, moved it over to my SATA partition, put the new AppleNForceATA.kext into my Mac Install (so I could write to my SATA HD) but then my DVD rom stopped working IN my WORKING LEOPARD INSTALL.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry621456

I injected the new AppleNForceATA.kext in the Zephyroths DVD my self, and tried to get the installation going off of the same SATA DVD rom drive that worked with the the zephyroths leopord dvd, and got the SAM Multimedia error the same error you're getting now.

It's not because of a bad burn, from my understanding right now it's driver related, and I'm going to bring it to medevils attention soon enough. (it could be specifically related to an nForce 410/430 chipset as well on that driver)