Argh... Still waiting for root device.

Thelis

6 posts in this topic

Ok, so I have dloaded the iAtkos r2 and burned it with nero to a DVD.

I popped it in, and booted up. Got the "still waiting for root device" when I booted with -v, and I get the no smoking sign above the apple if I boot without the -v.

I am running

eVGA 680i

E6600 @ 3.8ghz

SATA Baraccuda HDD

SATA Lite-on DVD-R drive.

2GB corsair 1066mhz RAM.

8800GTS 640MB Vram.

I tried booting with cpus=1, xbit disabled, enabled... no dice.

Any help?

I popped it in, and booted up. Got the "still waiting for root device" when I booted with -v, and I get the no smoking sign above the apple if I boot without the -v.

I am running

eVGA 680i

E6600 @ 3.8ghz

SATA Baraccuda HDD

2GB corsair 1066mhz RAM.

8800GTS 640MB Vram.

Any help?

It looks like you may have a problem with your SATA support.If you have any,try to install the OS on IDE HDD,if you do not have another drive,try with another disc that has support your SATA (not the iAtkos).Greetings...

Xxp/TuX:

Yeah man, I just dled Kalyways and it seems like no more stupid "Still waiting on root device" problems. Now I have a plethora more, but at least I get to the install screen.

i had that [prob (well still cant install) but i solved my "Still waiting on root device" by disabling SATA (i disabled it because i dont have any SATA drives i can use till i get a bigger power supply)

Wait, so you are on an IDE HDD?

I am running

eVGA 680i

E6600 @ 3.8ghz

SATA Baraccuda HDD

2GB corsair 1066mhz RAM.

8800GTS 640MB Vram.

Any help?

I Am having the same problem but I am trying to install Zephiroth's AMD version and I have IDE on my hard drive...I have a post if anyone has any ideas.

Xxp/TuX:Yeah man, I just dled Kalyways and it seems like no more stupid "Still waiting on root device" problems. Now I have a plethora more, but at least I get to the install screen. Wait, so you are on an IDE HDD?
All my machines are AMD based,so from the begining I use this for testing.At first,I used the IDE drive and later,the SATA drive which is actually on use with Leo.To obtain the SATA support,I just had to edit my ISO and reburn it.I hope that you will pass the install screen.Good luck! lol...
I Am having the same problem but I am trying to install Zephiroth's AMD version and I have IDE on my hard drive...I have a post if anyone has any ideas.
It would be nice if you could install this version on your Intel:I think that someone could get into Leo on a P4.Try and post (report your results to the community)!.