Installed Mac OS X Leopard (Kalyway) Perfect.

tristan.oneil

18 posts in this topic

I've tried installing Mac OS X Tiger before, on some older hardware. I used the JAS DVD back then, but it just didn't work all that well but that is probably due to the fact that the hardware I was running it on was a AMD Athlon 64 which only supported SSE2 instructions. Well anyway, a couple of days ago I started to read into how the OSX86 community was going and I read on Lifehacker.com that the OSX86 community was able to get Leopard running on X86 hardware with a vanilla kernel. I was wicked excited to hear this so I rushed out and bought some parts for my first Hackintosh build. Here are the specs.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Samsung SH-S203B DVD burner

2GB of DDR2 667 Memory (I used G.Skill)

Shuttle SD30G2 barebones

250GB SeaGate SATA2 Hard drive

and to finish it off I got a Apple keyboard, and a Apple Mighty Mouse.

The system is awesome its really fast (faster than my MacBook) I plan on overclocking it in the future as this processor is awesome for overclocking. I also plan on buying a PCIE graphics card (I'm using the built in GMA950 right now)

I would just like to thank everyone in the community that helped make this so easy. It was literally no harder to do than if I am installing it on a real mac.

-_- Lucky you, in my computer is impossible to boot from dvd kalyway 10.5.1... :(  

"boot.com.apple.plist not found"

I choose ACHI en mi JMICRON but nothing... wiht iATKOS the same thing... omg :(

Help me please if you want... :D  

My PC is:

ASUS P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition

Intel Core2quad Q6600

4GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz  4-4-4-12

nVidia 8800GT 512MB

and a IDE dvd burner LG... works fine but... no boot's from dvd... jmicron is compatible with kalyway... i don't understand...

sorry for my poor english :(-_-

If I do not pulsate rapidly f8, there gives me the mistake directly, but if I give him rapidly, I enter the "console" and put -v, he give me the same error

i make the video with te parameters of jmicron and sata, 10 minutes and upload to youtube

Yea, my guess is it had to do with the IDE LG drive if kaneda says it works with a USB drive then I am even more certain that it is the IDE controller not functioning properly with the Kalyway install. Why don't you buy or borrow (if you know someone that can lend you a SATA drive) a cheap SATA drive and see if that works, or take kaneda's advice and use a USB drive to install. You can get the same drive that I got from Newegg.com for $30 it is a SATA DVD Burner, and it seemed to work perfectly.

Tristan.oneil

I am planning on buying a rigg just like yours. Did everything work out of the box? If not could you post what you did to get everything to work?

All the apps work? I am curious because I want to order everything you bought.

Thank you

Macattak.

Almost everything worked perfectly fine out of the box. Some things to know though is you need a patch for the audio and the network but it is incredibly easy to patch. Some information on installing on this hardware can be found here: http://wildwobby.com/hardware/build-a-mac-for-350/ Besides patching audio and network it works pretty much perfectly. The only other thing that doesn't work is sleep, but you get over that quickly because you are so amazed by how well everything else works.

• 8 months later...