G33 Graphics' Support?

lstep

3 posts in this topic

I have a GA-G33M-DS2R based PC, 3 gigs ram, 2 SATA hard drives, IDE CD-ROM. I have winXP installed on one of the SATA hard drives (a Seagate) and I have installed Leopard 10.5.1 on the other (MBR on both and the SATA drives as IDE in the Bios). I also have a RT71 based USB G wireless device.

I can't get the wireless device to work (the Tiger driver utility will connect it to the wireless router but I can't add wireless/Airport to networking). Ethernet works great though.

My main issue is with the integrated graphics. They are I gather part of the Intel G33 chipset. The install (Kalyway) didn't recognize the integrated nature of the graphics and so the system runs (fast) at 1024x758 in 32 bit colour.

How do I go about adding a driver for the graphics' chip ( Intel GMA 3100)? Support for this seems to be in Leopard....

Any pointers would be appreciated....

ls

BTW: I have Mac's (real ones) and this experimental PC which is running a Core 2 Duo processor at 2.66 . The PC is awfully fast running OSX (compared to how it runs under Windows)

• 2 months later...

any glory with that gma 3100 card? i have the exact setup and issue (though i used the uphuck 1.4.9 installer). i read a few months ago that there was little hope of the gma 3100 (chipset?) being supported for anything osx86 related... but now i see that apparetnly there IS some support, for those running/using leopard. let me know if you had any luck getting your video up and running the way it should in tiger. thanks.