Toshiba Satellite A100-ST1401

Vipersfate

5 posts in this topic

After extensive searching, I only found one post on a laptop that is similar to the one that I mentioned.

This laptop has the parts as follows:

Motherboard: ATi SB450

Processor : Intel Celeron 1.6 (Looks like a dothan)

and you all should know the video and chipsets of this board (the ATi board)

I haven't found any related information on the wiki or anywhere else. Is there a specific version of OSx86 that will work with this laptop with minimal editing? Thanks!

ATI/AMD chipsets are "problematic" at best.

There is an install here that might be of some help:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=74426

But if you read through it, mine won't "go", so it seems it is a case, by case, situation.

I am fairly certain that SATA is out for you, maybe an install to a USB drive?

Also, I do not see any audio support of any kind for the SB450 south bridge, again a USB solution?

I *think* at some point this becomes no "fun", and a better candidate is the better choice, your call.

I agree, that at some point it's not even worth it.

It's odd because you mention ATI/AMD chipsets, but this is a celeron m Processor. Maybe the case is mislabeled?

I thought that SATA was out of the question, and I figured audio would be as well. Thanks alot for the information.

It's odd because you mention ATI/AMD chipsets

AMD owns ATI.

On July 24, 2006, AMD and ATI announced a plan to merge together in a deal valued at $5.4 billion. The merger closed on October 25, 2006. ATI, a subsidiary of AMD, is called the Graphics Product Group (GPG) inside the company