Dual booting Windows and Leopard with PC_EFI

5 posts in this topic

Currently, my computer has 3 volumes on 2 disks. The first disk is GUID partition scheme and has 1 volume containing an install of Kalyway OS X Leopard 10.5.1 with PC_EFI bootloader. The second disk is Master Boot Record and has two volumes: the first one is an empty FAT32 volume containing nothing, and an HFS+ Journaled partition containing all my documents and data.

I wish to install Windows XP on the empty FAT32 volume, and then use BIOS to select which disk to boot into (as far as I know, bootloaders only affect one physical disk; correct me if I'm wrong). However, when I try to install Windows XP, the installer says that my FAT32 volume is not suitable for installing Windows on, even if I formatted it as NTFS.

So how can I install Windows? I desperately need to run 3DS Max 2008!

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

However, when I try to install Windows XP, the installer says that my FAT32 volume is not suitable for installing Windows on, even if I formatted it as NTFS. !

This really sounds like a partition problem. Did you try deleting the FAT32 partition and then creating a new FAT32 partition with the XP install disk ? Caution - you should not lose your Vista partition, but you never know.

This guide may be help: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=39253