Asus P5W DH Question.

mtotho

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have this board. I know it is very nice for OSX.. I am looking to buy one. Does anyone know if this board has AHCI settings in the bios. And also if GUID works on this board(i heard scattered rumors it doesnt.. which is hard to believe). I know i dont need either of those to run nicely, but it would be nice.

Any other comments on this board would be nice. I used to have it, It broke, but i know its a solid board, and it is one of my favorites, and i just want to get another Hackintosh running.

Thanks

-Mtotho

Just got one and it does have those settings in the bios. I couldn't install because the motherboard would not post after changing any of the BIOS settings. Kind of funny actually because the place I bought it stopped carrying ASUS because of the high number of returns and defects so I got a good deal on the board brand new in the box.

Going to change it out for a GA-P35-Something...

Thats odd, I hope that is a freak problem, cause i want this board. BTW i have ga-p35-DS3L, GA is probably the best leopard brand of mobos. i have a guide in this thread if u decide to go there.