Help with ethernet RTL8139d 10.5.1

billmik

11 posts in this topic

Can someone plz help me get my internet working on kalyway leopard 10.5.1?

Im on my 3rd Ethernet. 1st tried my built in RTL8201. No luck then i tried a lne100tx v5.1 linksys pc1 card again no good then i bought a tenda tel9939di (rtl8139d chip) pci card because i heard that rtl8139 should work with leopard, again its not recognized. Do i have to do something to get them seen by leopard like turn on pci slots? Plz help im at the end of my rope and ive searched and cant get anywhere.

MB Gigabyte 8s651mp-rz

:eek:

you can add your device and vendor id to the rtl text.

But I don't think you'll get it working. I have two realtek rlt8139d cards neither of which work!

They half work as in if you run ifconfig you will see them listed but always report cable not connected in OS X

what mobo are you using
Gigabyte 8s651mp-rz
you can add your device and vendor id to the rtl text.But I don't think you'll get it working. I have two realtek rlt8139d cards neither of which work!They half work as in if you run ifconfig you will see them listed but always report cable not connected in OS X
exactly how do i do that? Can you help plz?
you can add your device and vendor id to the rtl text.But I don't think you'll get it working. I have two realtek rlt8139d cards neither of which work!They half work as in if you run ifconfig you will see them listed but always report cable not connected in OS X
exactly how do i do that? Can you help plz?

The kext file you need to edit is IONetworkfamily.kext

Read a few posts you'll work it out. Just tell you right click and show package contents, edit plugins/"realtek.kext"/info plist.

the easiest way to find out vendor and device Id is windows device manager

when you find out enter it as 0x then device then vender, should look something like 0x123410de

The kext file you need to edit is IONetworkfamily.kext

Read a few posts you'll work it out. Just tell you right click and show package contents, edit plugins/"realtek.kext"/info plist.

the easiest way to find out vendor and device Id is windows device manager

when you find out enter it as 0x then device then vender, should look something like 0x123410de

ok thanks ill try that out

ok thanks ill try that out

Thanks for your info now my card now says cable unplugged and Im stuck again. While getting the ven and dev codes i see windows loads it as a ADMtek 985 so i tried the tulip 1.0.2 drivers and it already had my device listed, but again it says cable unplugged. Does anyone have tulip running and working on 10.5.1?

Thanks for your info now my card now says cable unplugged and Im stuck again. While getting the ven and dev codes i see windows loads it as a ADMtek 985 so i tried the tulip 1.0.2 drivers and it already had my device listed, but again it says cable unplugged. Does anyone have tulip running and working on 10.5.1?

Went through the exact same things and just gave up in the end.

Went through the exact same things and just gave up in the end.

I just bought this lan card (TEL9939DI) off ebay and now i cant get it to work either.... what lan cards do work? anyone have a direct link to a working lan card i can buy now?

I am running on on gigabyte M61P-S3