Installation Problem on Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

JackBauer24

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to install kalyway 10.5.1 on my Asus P4C800-E Deluxe without success until now.

Regarding to the HCL on OSX86Project it should work.

P4C800-E Deluxe Intel 875P SSE2

* Install Method: Kalyway 10.5.1

* Audio & LAN work out of the box

* SATA/IDE works

EFI v8 Yes

After booting the installation DVD and loading the extensions and libraries my box restarts.

I think this happens when the OS tries to load the MACH kernel. Don't know it exactly because I can't read the last line so fast before the screen goes black and the machine reboots.

I have used the following switches on boot prompt: -x -v platform=X86PC cpu=1 in any combination without success.

Does the installer use SSE3? Maybe ? Which command switch do I need for enabling SSE2?

My system spec:

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

1024 GB RAM

ATI Raedon 9200 (My 9600XT died some month ago)

160 GB HDD, WinXPSp2 (Dual Boot OSX 10.4.8 ->NTLDR->chain0/tboot)

10.4.8. didn't boot anymore after upgrading to 10.4.9. I think I did something wrong.

So I want to install 10.5.1 from scratch.

What's wrong here ? How can I install OSX successfully on this configuration ?

Any hints?

Thank you in advance.

Jack,

I'm sorry I can't be of any asisstant on you problem, (yet). But, I have the same board and I have been trying to install the same patched version of leopard but to no avail. The problem I have is that the bootloader is stuck on trying to find BSD root:.

Did you have the problem before? I've have both a IDE and S-ATA drive and I tried both and it still doesn't work.

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks,

D

@dhumlo

I have successfully instaled JaS 10.4.8 on my machine earlier. Then I updated itunes to the newest version like on Windows.

After starting itunes i have recognized that 10.4.9 is needed for running it. So I updated OSX but I must have made a mistake during the update procedure. So OSX did not boot up anymore. I have to re-install it completely. So I want to install 10.5.1 from scratch.

I only have IDE drives (dvd,Hdd) in my system and haven't had any problems with them on 10.4.8. I didn't know the problem with the bootloader is stuck on trying to find BSD root.

After booting the installation DVD and loading the extensions and libraries I only have the problem with re-boots anytime.

Don't know it exactly what's the cause of this because I can't read the last line so fast before the screen goes black and the machine reboots. So it is hard for me debugging this issue? Did you have also reboots on your system? I just wanted to know who had made the entry on the HCL that the P4C800-E Deluxe is working with 10.5.1.

P4C800-E Deluxe Intel 875P SSE2

* Install Method: Kalyway 10.5.1

* Audio & LAN work out of the box

* SATA/IDE works

EFI/Vanilla kernel working ->EFI v8

Fully Working w/o Patch ->Yes

I think there must be a solution. But I dont know how...

• 1 month later...

I have the same mobo, and i can boot off the Kalyway OSX 10.5.1 no problem. I can run Disk Utility and run the install, but it always hangs with "less than a minute" left. I have tried this a few times now and it is always the same result. I'm downloading the Kalyway ISO again and will force check it this time to make sure it is error free. Here are my specs:

Pentium4 3.2GHz HT - Prescott SSE3

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe - Bios 1024beta

1GB DDR - 2x512MB

Seagate SATA HDD - ST3500320AS, 500GB w/ 32MB cache

Pioneer SATA DVD-RW - DVR-212D

ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 AGP

Any suggestions would be helpfull for this noob. Thanks.

When installing Kalyway 10.5.1, chose custom install and select the SSE2 kernel. You can't use the vanilla kernel on a Pentium 4 CPU no matter if it supports SSE2 or SSE3. Vanilla kernel only works on Intel Core CPUs. Then pick GUID or MBR at the bottom depending on how you've partitioned your drive.

What options are available at the boot prompt? I'm using a widescreen flatpanel, and the help screen doesn't give me anything that makes sense at all, just a few random letters, I'm guessing it's not rendering right.

• 1 month later...