cant log into leopard

mykal

2 posts in this topic

ok this all started after i installed leopard and had some minor issues (for more info you can read my initial thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85405

ok so heres whats happening

when i log in it gives me an error saying this computer cannot acces the disk that is inserted or some such and gives the options to unmount initialise or exit (i think) and no matter what i click (with the exception of exit never tryed that as it is somewhat counter productive to my cause) i click it goes on to start to load the desktop i get a really big dock that isnt animated and then after about 30 seconds it kicks me back to the login screen and freezes

please no complaining if this was addressed elsewhere i did search and couldnt find anything so if it has been addressed allready maybe you could just throw a link to the thread that i missed so i could check it out

-edit: i just did some digging in single user mode and it looks like my system disk is for some reason mounting as read only is there a way to chmod or chown (or something) the disk to make it mount permenantly as read write instead??

thank you

mykal

It's funny that we have the same problems, when i boot my Hackingtosh it says: HFS+ Partition Error, then i need to boot from the dvd to access leopard.

After like 10 seconds my whole hackingtosh just freeze, nothing happens actually...

Anyone has some solutions/ideas?