WMP300N -> Airport: Not configured

Grooby97

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Got my Leopard working fairly well and decided to add WMP300N to my system. The card shows up as "third party wireless card" and the "airport is currently turned off" in System Profile. However, I was able to configure my wireless card in System Preferences and force it to connect to my wireless network. I am able to get on the internet with it but my airport icon on the menu bar says "Airport: Not configured". Anyone has encounter this issue?

• 1 month later...
Also... is it true that this card is not functioning on 10.5.2? Can anyone verify this?

Doesn't work OOB with the 10.5.2 kalyway update, but I got it to work by importing the 10.5.1 versions of:

IO80211Family.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

Replaced the 10.5.2 versions with teh 10.5.1 versions, chmod, chown, and repair permissions.

Rebooted, and it worked.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I also have this card, got it to work in Leo with the IO80211Family.kext extracted from Leo4allv2 DVD, it's recognized as airport, not extreme. Use kext helper to install, save the hassle of chown and chmod.

any chance you can provide the proper kext? don't really want to download the entire Leo4allv2 DVD for one file!

thanks!