Asus ix38 quad GT

eggie99

3 posts in this topic

hi all

trying to install leopard on this mobo asus IX38 quad GT with Q6600 quad cpu. but keep getting boot.plist not found .

The mobo has Intel IX 38 chipset and also ICH9R chipset.

I tried the both discs Kalway and Brazilmac and both give the same error , so went and bought a LG GSA E60N USB DVD burner

and still get the same error. I have everything related to the CPU off in bios and bios latest one V12. i know the board uses a

micron IDE Controller, i also updated that but still same error boot.plist not found. i have set mt devices in bios to AHCI but

cant get the DVD to load.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Eggie

really i'm not sure about leo support for this chipset cause its so new.

but i do know that there are issues with ICH9R like on mine P35C-DS3R which uses a Jmicron636 controller,the problem on mine is solved by not connecting your sata devices to the last 2 ports on the mobo,and ofcourse using a sata or an external dvd not ide.

about the cpu setting in the BIOS i have seen diffrent threads with people having success with turning stuff off,i have all the cpu funtions like EIST and other stuff ON and that works for me,when i tried to turn them off the system kept rebooting after 3 seconds of trying to load the OS

Maybe try to turn the cpu functions in the BIOS on,you can check some threads here that have screenies on how some P35 bios look like.

Should be mostly the same functions.

hi cobra

i have tried turning all features off relating to the Cpu in the bois also got an external USB DVD burner but still

cant get the disc to load. systen config boot.plist not found. i have the AHCI turned on in bios and also to boot

off USB CD Rom and Sata CD Rom. But still no go, as i got a IDE to Sata converter to try but still wont load up.

will try and search for the the relevent threads and c what i come up with.

thanks

Eggie