Time Machine cannot start

BIG

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys I really need help on this one

I bought 2 weeks ago a redundant drive for my mac's time machine but I had no success on starting the time machine. I am running on an 3ghz p4 processor, 775i65g asrock MoBo, 1gb ram, 256 mb agp ati sapphire x1050 non qe/ci. I normally set my time machine up, but it just doesn't start. When I press the time machine icon I get 2 finder windows with the same background as on my desktop. Nothing else no back-front arrows no nothing.

HElPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought 2 weeks ago a redundant drive for my mac's time machine but I had no success on starting the time machine. I am running on an 3ghz p4 processor, 775i65g asrock MoBo, 1gb ram, 256 mb agp ati sapphire x1050 non qe/ci. I normally set my time machine up, but it just doesn't start. When I press the time machine icon I get 2 finder windows with the same background as on my desktop. Nothing else no back-front arrows no nothing.

Come on guys not that difficult

UPDATE:

Have been able to show up my time machine interface by opening quick look and dragging the window onto the whole desktop and I am then able to restore anything from my backup, though the graphics are not working I can now use time machine. Can anyone help me get past this point and make the graphical environment work

Radeon 9550 AS:

Chipset Model: Radeon 9550 AS

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x4153

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Have been able to show my interface and have my card recognized but still no qe and only ci. These are my cards specifications can anyone help me solve my problem????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i have the same problem. backup is working fine, but when i try to start time machine it didn't come up. The only thing that happens is that two finder windows pop up.

eeepc 1000h - 10.5.8 - ideneb 1.4

Quarts is enabled

thx.

the system profiler says:

Intel GMA 950:

Chipsatz-Modell: GMA 950

Typ: Monitor

Bus: Integriert

VRAM (gesamt): 64 MB gemeinsamer Systemspeicher

Hersteller: Intel (0x8086)

Geräte-ID: 0x27ae

Versions-ID: 0x0003

Monitore:

Monitor:

Auflösung: 1024 x 600 @ 75 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Hardware-unterstützt

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Unterstützt

Integriert: Ja

QuartzGL: Unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

So QE/CI seems to be enabled.

I am also having this issue with Time Machine. It appears backups are in fact working (finder can browse the backup disk by date/time), but the Time machine application fails to run after selecting from dock. Currently running 10.5.8 with Nvidia 9800 GTX 512. About Mac shows Quartz Extreme enabled. Running vannila retail install updated to 10.5.8. Prior to 10.5.8 update 10.5.7 had no issue with Time Machine running.

Any others with this issue that may have a solution?

I am also having this issue with Time Machine. It appears backups are in fact working (finder can browse the backup disk by date/time), but the Time machine application fails to run after selecting from dock. Currently running 10.5.8 with Nvidia 9800 GTX 512. About Mac shows Quartz Extreme enabled. Running vannila retail install updated to 10.5.8. Prior to 10.5.8 update 10.5.7 had no issue with Time Machine running.

Any others with this issue that may have a solution?

Have you solved the problem or did you rolled back to 10.5.7?