Freeze on install - iATKOS

cyberbobcity

3 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone. I had tiger working on this computer a while back and I since then removed it. I want to get leopard installed. I downloaded the iATKOS iso image and when it boots in -v mode I get the following screen, and nothing happens after that. Any ideas?

HARDWARE:

Motherboard - INTEL D945GNT

Processor - Pentium 4 3.0ghz

Ram - 4gb

Hard Drive - 250mb SATA

Video - MSI NX6600GT 256MB

Thanks for all your help. Can't wait to get it up and running!

CyberBob

post-98286-1201974118_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On my Dell Optiplex GX270 (2.2Ghz Pentium 4 SSE2) iAtkos boots and hangs when packages are about to installed.

Disk checking reveils no abnormalities. Kalykoo Leopard boots but right at the end of the verbal boot - usually when network is detected and loaded the system instantly reboots - resulting in an inability to get leopard going on the Dell.

Any others with the same Dell system using leopard?

I have 10.4.10 running like a breeze - figuring out if updating to 10.4.11 is difficult. The FX 5200 Nvidia graphics card that I installed does all QE & CI but does seem to have some difficulties with OpenGL 2.x extensions resulting in some OpenGL software not functioning properly. Will insert a 6250 Nvidia to see if that makes a difference.

From a stability point of view getting 10.4.11 on a Hack - without having to face new updates and a lot of software coming out still functioning on Tiger I guess 10.4.10/11 is the most stable Hack situation yet - as Leopard will face numerous updates which are of course fun to keep up with.