11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I own an Acer Aspire 4315 with specs with the followings:

Procesor: Celeron 530 (1,7 GHz, SSE3)

Memory: 1,5GB DDR2

Graphics: Intel X3100

HD: 80GB

DVD: Matsuhita DVD-RAM Drive

I tried installing Leopard with the Kalyway SSE2 SSE3 disc downloaded from the net. I can get past only until a blue blank screen. There's absolutely nothing in it. Not even the cursor of my touchpad. However when I played around with my keyboard by pressing ENTER, the system responded with the DVD drive active meaning there was activity. I can conclude that the problem lie with the screen is not showing anything somehow. I looked through this forum for any fixes related with my laptop's graphic chip the X3100 with no luck.

In my despair, I posted this thread. If anyone out there can help me, please I need your help.

Thanx in advance.

Tista

You need to connect an external monitor to the VGA port on the left side of your laptop. You will probably need to run the whole install process on your external monitor.

When you will have successfully installed Leopard, you will need to search for posts related to GMA X3100 so that you can make use of the laptop's LCD screen.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
i cant get this thing to work...does anybody with acer4315 knows which is the right combination_

As long as you know exactly what your hardware specifications are, you'll be able to select the right (or most compatible options) from the custom Leopard build you're using. If your components are not listed, you'll have to get a more recent ISO build (like iPC), or install the most basic installation there is (nothing at all except for PS2 patch, motherboard chipset kext, and ethernet). You can always install drivers for other components later.