HELP: Kalyway 10.5.1 and ATI Mobility Radeon X600

Kenneth M

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone - let me preface this by saying I am completely new to macs. I have almost no knowledge of kexts, kernels, etc.

I was able to install Kalyway 10.5.1 on my HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop. Here are my hardware stats

Intel P4 3ghz

1gb Ram

160gb hard drive

ATI Mobility Radeon X600

When I boot up my hackintosh, I have to use "tohkernel cpus=1", but then it boots fine and is perfectly stable.

My problem is that the only screen resolution option I have is 1024x768, but my monitor is a 17inch widescreen so this is definately not the best resolution.

Can anyone provide me with assistance with this and please be as detailed as possible. I apologize for being a newbie.

• 4 weeks later...

Same story on my HP Compaq nc8230: I neither need to write the tohkernel sice it is my default, nor cpus=1 that is my actual configuration.

The resolution sticks with 1024x768 but really worst, I can't use external video !!!!

Stay tuned and waiting

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone has gotten back to you yet on this. I have the HP Pavilion ZD8230US, it has the X600 ATI Mobility Video card and I have it working perfectly with QE/C and 1440X900. Search the forum and find Callisto 03Fixed and Koverg Patches. Read the instructions and apply both patches as instructed.My sig needs to be updated, I am currently running OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone has gotten back to you yet on this. I have the HP Pavilion ZD8230US, it has the X600 ATI Mobility Video card and I have it working perfectly with QE/C and 1440X900. Search the forum and find Callisto 03Fixed and Koverg Patches. Read the instructions and apply both patches as instructed.My sig needs to be updated, I am currently running OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway

Can you give more details pls? I tried calisto03+koverg and some old kegt in all configurations and I got only QE working and mouse tearing on my x600. Thx a lot.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am trying to install mac osx 86 jas 10.5.2 on a HP Pavilion zd8000. Notice that I have installed Windows xp in first partition and trying on another one with 25gb for this osx86.

All goes right until start installing, when is up to 50minutes left an error message appears that says, more or less, that couldn´t install some files on /Volumes/.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks!

German