KALYWAY Stuck

tuque5889

7 posts in this topic

Boot using the -v flag.

Probably you are getting an HPET error that loops over and over. Your best solution is to do the following:

boot with "-s cpus=1"

This should get you into single user mode.

The kalyway install should have put other versions (other than vanilla) in the root folder of your install disk.

Mount -rw / to put your disk into read-write mode

make a backup of your current kernel, copy one of the alternate kernels to mach_kernel, chown and chmod

reboot using -v

On reboot, you will probably get a kernel panic for AppleEFIRuntime.kext. If you do get it, boot into single user mode again and move the kext out of /system/library/extensions and delete /system/library/extensions.mkext

Reboot again. You should get past the boot screen and if you don't have any graphics issues, you should get to the desktop and finder.

hope that helps! good luck!

• 3 months later...

could you explain a bit more on this co'z i'm getting the same problem. With my situation i managed to install the whole thing by pressing f8 on the boot and typing -s cpus=1 so i left it and when i got back i was on the welcome screen so did the whole 9 yards played with kalyway a little bit installed windows on the other partition using MBR then loaded disk director acronis on windows to active my partition on my OSX guess what happened " i couldn't get it the OSX to boot so I decided to do a fresh install again and there you have it the blue screen of death that everyone is getting. so if you could explain this a bit more on how to mount -rw i would really appreciate it co'z i'm a noob and not that tech savvy..BTW there's a bunch of stuff that came with the kalyway iso. are you referring to some of those in the packages?

Boot using the -v flag.

Probably you are getting an HPET error that loops over and over. Your best solution is to do the following:

boot with "-s cpus=1"

This should get you into single user mode.

The kalyway install should have put other versions (other than vanilla) in the root folder of your install disk.

Mount -rw / to put your disk into read-write mode

make a backup of your current kernel, copy one of the alternate kernels to mach_kernel, chown and chmod

reboot using -v

On reboot, you will probably get a kernel panic for AppleEFIRuntime.kext. If you do get it, boot into single user mode again and move the kext out of /system/library/extensions and delete /system/library/extensions.mkext

Reboot again. You should get past the boot screen and if you don't have any graphics issues, you should get to the desktop and finder.

hope that helps! good luck!