WILL THIS WORK

a82ndrigger

7 posts in this topic

YES I'M A NOOB.

now that that is out of the way here are my system specs:

2.4GHZ Intel Q6600

ASUS PK5 PREMIUM (black pearl edition)

Crucial Ballistix 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

750GB Seagate (3 x 250GB) SATA drives

Sapphire HD2600XT

....I know the processor, memory, hard drive (dedicating 1 entire drive for this installation) are all compatible with the KALYWAY 10.5.1 torrent that i downloaded, but i need to know if my motherboard and graphics will work.

so here is the rather silly but necessary question:

The Kalyway file I downloaded is named "KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3" but the damn thing is a zip file that i am unable to extract. I get an error message in vista x64 ultimate saying "There is already a file with teh same name as teh folder name you specified. Specify a different name". THIS IS {censored}, PLEZE HELP. i'm sick of vista

thanks everybody,

your fellow paratrooper

i need to know if my motherboard and graphics will work.

It looks like your graphics might be OK. According to the HCL the HD 2600 PRO works. I don't know if the XT is different or not. As for the mobo please provide more specs, ie: chipset, Lan that sort of stuff.

The Kalyway file I downloaded is named "KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3" but the damn thing is a zip file that i am unable to extract. I get an error message in vista x64 ultimate saying "There is already a file with teh same name as teh folder name you specified. Specify a different name". THIS IS {censored}, PLEZE HELP. i'm sick of vista

So why don't you just extract it to a different location on your drive or give it a different name.

Chevy

my mobo specs, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...2bpk5%2bpremiumASUS P5K PREMIUM/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel MotherboardQuad-core / Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo / Pentium CHIPSETnorthbridge Intel P35southbridge Intel ICH9RAUDIO CHIPSETADI AD1988BLAN CHIPSET Marvell88E8056second LAN RealtekRTL8110SClooks like the ISO i downloaded had missing files and was only 386MB, gotta download again. that is why i had a difficult time extracting

Ok everything looks pretty good for the mobo except for the audio and the lan. If you are going use the mobo hard wired then you will have edit kext file to lan to work. If want to use it wireless then you have another issue. Depending on what chipset that built in wifi card has you may not get it to work. Now the audio. I really don't know if it will work. If you go to the genius bar and look up your audio card there might be a solution to get it to work. I didn't find one.

Good luck,

Chevy

Is it possible for anyone here to post a link to the KALYWAY 10.5.1 install THAT ACTUALLY WORKS AND ISN'T CORRUPTED AND TAMPERED WITH???????? I have downloaded this bandwidth clogger 2 times now, and i have been shafted twice out of a good iso install.

thanks,

your fellow paratrooper

I know from extracting. Before I couldn't extract at all (vista sucks at it), so I used an actual program that can unzip anything. Everything was extracting smoothly up untill the very end when (7-zip) sprouted an error message saying missing files.I then went back to see if my torrent downloaded correctly. PROBLEM SOLVED, my missing data was from an incomplete download (even though i downloaded 100% of the file)CHEVY,to your previous question my mobos specs:ASUS P5K PREMIUM/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel MotherboardNorth Bridge = Intel P35Southbridge = Intel ICH9RAudio Chipset = ADI AD1988Bonboard LAN = Marvell88E8056second LAN = RealtekRTL8110SCI'm guessing my LAN and Audio are not worth a damn when I come to install OSX.....unless i find a fix.