HP dv9260nr built in keyboard and mouse problems

hpLeopard

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have a dv9260nr. I installed leopard on a seperate partition about a week ago. The keyboard and mouse worked fine during installation and after installation. I found that my networking adapter was not working however so I tried to find a patch and patch it. When I did this, it didnt fix the problem, it actually caused some other problems. So, I booted off the dvd, formated the partition that I had installed leopard on, and rebooted back into Vista. I then re partitioned the disk into a fresh partition, rebooted and installed leopard over again. During the install, the built in keyboard and mouse worked perfectly fine. However, when the OS would load, a big screen saying cannot locate keyboard appears. This also makes the built in mouse not work. I rebooted from dvd and the mouse and keyboard are recognized in the installer. Why is it doing this? Is there a fix? Thanks!

Some ideas - I have an HP dv 1000 so I know that HP runs OK normally.

I use Kalyway 10.5.1 and the Customise to EFI_MBR and vanilla options:

Suggest you use Disk Utility on DVD to format/erase set the Partion as Extended Journalled and MBR rather than VISTA - GUID does work, but MBR seems to work better. Don't set any drivers on install from DVD - Ie vanilla/ACPI if you have Core 2 system, and MBR on customise.

Before any of that though - Quick test - when it says boot options put in -x which does not load kexts - see if it will safe boot. then try -x -egacy (32 bit mode)

And I guess you are supposed to do these questions in Installation problems rather than Post Installation?