MicroATX, Vanilla Kernel & Wolfdale

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm going to build computer for Mac OS x86 inside inside a PowerMac G5/Mac Pro case, and want to use the Kalyway Mac OS X 10.5.1 DVD/Vanilla kernel.

I'm going to need a MicroATX motherboard that supports a 1333MHz FSB (to use the new Wolfdale processor), could anyone recommend me one?

I'm using the Conroe1333 d667 With Kalway 10.5.1 it works great with bios 1.30. Even though the Mobo supports Wolfdale CPU I believe you need bios 1.6 or higher to enable support. There has been reports that you need bios 1.30 or lower to run osx86. The good news is there is at least one guy out there who claims to have it working with bios 1.80. This mobo is very cheap and has ok overclocking abilities I got ethernet working out of the box with no patches with the kalway 10.5.1 install. Sound you can get it to work with some drivers found but only two way.

hope this helps.

Hey,

I'm going to build computer for Mac OS x86 inside inside a PowerMac G5/Mac Pro case, and want to use the Kalyway Mac OS X 10.5.1 DVD/Vanilla kernel.

I'm going to need a MicroATX motherboard that supports a 1333MHz FSB (to use the new Wolfdale processor), could anyone recommend me one?

Check out the Asus P5GC-MX/133.

Everything works except LAN and the sound in.

When Installing select ONLY AZALIA_out from the customize list. This will give you sound. If you select to install the Vanilla_Kernel ACPIPlatform, it will make the PS/2 ports not work. I just installed OSX without it and everything works fine.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if there are any motherboards that have FireWire 400? I'm going to be using a FireWire audio interface along with Logic Studio and MainStage.

I'm going to attempt to install the components inside a PowerMac G5 case lol

Hey,

I think I have decided to go with ASROCK 1333 D667 motherboard. It's MicroATX (will fit OK in the PowerMac G5 case) and it's reported it works fine with EFI and OSx86 (just needs audio patching).

Thanks for the help, now I need to go study on how to install the mobo in the case lol

• 4 months later...