Wireless network problems

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with Sitecom wireless routers and USB Dongles? I have a WL-535 v1 003 with USB adaptor (Model WL 172), that I can not get to work in my Hackintosch install?

I am running Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 with efi and vanilla, have tried the drivers from the Sitecom site, but they do not seem to install properly?

I have even gone to the expense of ringing their expensive help desk, with no real clarification. I hope one of you guys has a solution, otherwise I am stuck with cabled internet for all eternity, please help, any and all help will be greatly appreciated, cheers, Plucka

29-01-08 Have gotten it to work, using http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html the first driver in the list, only the airport icon does not appear in the taskbar? Anyone know how to get Hackintosh to see my Sitecom base station?

Please reply maybe my info can help some one else as well? Cheers Plucka

• 4 months later...
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with Sitecom wireless routers and USB Dongles? I have a WL-535 v1 003 with USB adaptor (Model WL 172), that I can not get to work in my Hackintosch install?

I am running Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 with efi and vanilla, have tried the drivers from the Sitecom site, but they do not seem to install properly?

I have even gone to the expense of ringing their expensive help desk, with no real clarification. I hope one of you guys has a solution, otherwise I am stuck with cabled internet for all eternity, please help, any and all help will be greatly appreciated, cheers, Plucka

29-01-08 Have gotten it to work, using http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html the first driver in the list, only the airport icon does not appear in the taskbar? Anyone know how to get Hackintosh to see my Sitecom base station?

Please reply maybe my info can help some one else as well? Cheers Plucka

omg, Im having the same problem with my Sitecom WL-172 54g Turbo, I'm going to try your solution, thanks!

edit: didnt work for me :P(