P5W D and Leopard install help

CicoMico

6 posts in this topic

hi all!

i have this config: p5w wifi deluxe, quadcore, 8gb ram, 500 disk. anyone can tell me, which release of leo should i use? kalyway, iatkos, brazilmac? i want pure os (retail) with all goods (x11, xcode...), but without any addictions (zip, changed background...). any advice? thanx

hi all!

i have this config: p5w wifi deluxe, quadcore, 8gb ram, 500 disk. anyone can tell me, which release of leo should i use? kalyway, iatkos, brazilmac? i want pure os (retail) with all goods (x11, xcode...), but without any addictions (zip, changed background...). any advice? thanx

Your system specs appear to be compatible with most releases. To get the purest installation (I understand what you mean, I wanted the same thing) you should try installing either kalyway or iatkos on an external drive first. Don't worry about it being perfect yet. Now that that's done, use your retail Leopard disk to install the everything onto your internal drive right from the external. Zzak's method is pretty easy and foolproof. You'll find it in my thread for the Bad Axe 2 motherboard in this forum. You should not have to change much. On my system, I only added dsmos (absolutely necessary for vanilla kernel) and nvinject for my video card. Some have replaced the appleSMBIOS because it doesn't show accurate id for their processor. Since this is only a cosmetic thing, I chose to use the original appleSMBIOS and just edit the AboutThisMac.strings. Good luck.