acer notebook

Gopan

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Can Any one suggest an Acer Notebook Model in which all most all hardwares will work in Leopard ?

Video, Audio, DVD , Network Card, Wifi, Camera, USBs, these must work and I am giving most priority, and PCMCIA, Firewire, Card Readers, S-Video etc are not important to work.

I had done lot of experiments with Hp models , nx6120, nx7300, 7400 etc and Dell Inspiron6400 . Now I think will stick on any of the model which will support allmost all hardwares in Leopard and will try to procure that model.

Thanks in Advance

Gopan

Hi

I don't know whether this will help you or anyone else, but, I am using an Acer Aspire 3681wxmi notebook. It is loaded with iATKOS v1 (leopard 10.5.1) and runs pretty good. So far I have managed to get the following working quite well

1. USB Ports

2. Intel GMA950 graphics (Incl. SVideo TVOut)

3. Sound card - used AppleHDAPatcher (search for it on the forums on here) and the ALC883ich8.txt file for the sound card. This now gives me headphone output as well as microphone input.

4. Built In Wireless Network Card (Atheros 5005 (marked as AR5BMB5) ) recognised as an Airport Extreme network card.

Things that I am having trouble getting to work atm - although trying to sort out why

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCMCIA (chipset is TI) but when i install the drivers (also found by searching on here) and reboot i end up with a kernel panic (seems to be associated with the IOPCICard.kext file but like i say i don't know why this happens as I am pretty new to this whole thing and maybe someone might be able to help me with this.

Built In Card Reader - NOT WORKING AS YET

Built In Wired Network - Marvel Yukon - NOT WORKING AS YET - again kernel panic with installed driver (kext file)

Hope this helps someone

Cheers from Queensland, Australia

Troy

I also forgot to mention in my last post that I am running the Apple Vanilla kernel and EFI booting with my installation. I don't know if this is having any baring on the problems I'm experiencing with the kernel panics on the IOPCIFamily.kext and the IOPCCardFamily.kext (the modified one from the TI PCIxx12 PCMCIA chipset) and the sgke.kext file for my Marvell-Yukon NIC

Hi Kucksy,

Thanks for your reply, I was out for touch with net for some days .... infact I am in search of a known brand which will support those hardwares. I have nx7300,7400, and nx6120 of Hp and working kalyway in that and as you said when tried for wifi 3945 driver and chun chan pcmcia driver kernel panic happened. Agin re installed and with out those now working . Only audio and wifi are not working in nx7300/7400. In nx6120 audio perfectly working but video GMA 900 support is not in leopard, hence keynote, or some other important applications are not working.

Thank you

Gopan