KALYWAY INSTALL and/Dual Booting Vista

Shankstar

2 posts in this topic

Follow these steps very very carefully!!! If you skip a step or make an error this guide will not help you very well. And check my system specs at the bottom of the page to see how they match if yours differ from mine You might have additional installation procedures to follow…Steps:1.(Search Kalyway 10.5.1 ) on your favorite torrent site .2.(Extract/Unzip Kalyway) to a personal folder on your PC.3.Use a DVD RW drive and burning program to (burn/write the image to DVD) once complete keep it aside until step seven.__________________________________________________________________________

______*Dual Boot installation- (For dual boot purposes only!)Download and install BCDedit for Windows its a boot loader for multiple operating systems.Run BCDedit and add an osx entry to the bootloader utilizing the genric osx 86 entry.Reboot your computer to see if your boot screen has added boot entries for your boot options listing your operating systems to boot into. If it has your boot options the way you want proceeded to the next step.___________________________________________________________________________

___________________4.(Reboot your PC and press the delete button to launch the bios when it starts back up).5.When in the bios go to (advance bios settings) set the drive you are installing to the first boot order and disable the following: CPU Thermal, CPU EIST, CPU enhanced Halt. Press ESC, Then go into Intrgrated Peripherals and make sure SATA mode is disabled and IDE selected for the SATA controller.6. You can set your over clock settings if you have any or you can just press F10 then Enter, to save your settings and reboot.7.Once your PC bios screen appears open your CD/DVD drive and insert the Kalyway disk.8.Press the power button on your PC to reboot into the Kalyway install.9.When the computer restarts it will boot into the Darwin boot loader and have a countdown of 8 secs. If you have the same system specs as mine you can press enter, but I suggest pressing F8 before the 8sec countdown then type: -V to see if you have missed one of my steps in this guide or you system has different hardware than my system spec below it will list the errors just look for them if there are none installation will start.10.You will see the Kalyway disk booting it looks like it is spitting a whole bunch of weird lines of information and takes about 10mins to load into the installation process.11.Once in the installation screen click the arrow to begin, once it loads click on utilities from the bar at the top of the page, then click on disk utility, and erase the HDD by selecting (Mac osx Journal extended. Make sure you partition it to MBR by selecting options before partitioning, when it is finished close the disk utility.12.Continue the installation by clicking the arrow button until you see the customize button, click the customize button and click the side arrows to select ONLY the vanilla and EFI boot (MBR).If you select more than that you are on your own as far as this guide goes.13.Click the arrow button to continue installation it will take about 20-40 mins depending on your CPU and RAM.14.Let it reboot on its own….You now have OSX!!!!15. If you have an 8600Gt Nvida GPU here’s the links to the drivers for OSX, ad the link to the Audio kext 889a which you can find here along with installation instructions.8600GT Driver: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=18Audio Kext: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=gigabyteEverything works except firewire but I am working on it? If you get it working let me know how you did it>>>THANKX Shankstar after over two months and four motherboards it works like a PRO!!!!MY SYSTEM SPECS:Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R v2.1Nvida 8600GT PQI DDR800 C2D E6550 OC to 3.0ghz DS3R

• 2 weeks later...