Leopard Kalyway - Installing from image?

arhopkins3

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys... thanks to this great forum I was able to get Tiger installed a while back. Now I need help with Leopard...

I am writing this on my Tiger install and I need to know how/if I can install Leopard without the DVD. I have the ISO from Kalyway on my hard disk. I have Vista and Tiger dual booting off my main SATA-HD and i have an external SATA HD which I've formatted and is ready for its new friend Leopard.

I dont have an IDE DVD-ROM drive so I cant install Leopard off that... I have searched and searched but couldn't find a topic that describes how to somehow get the installer running from the HD.

I can use Tiger to do stuff, Vista to do stuff... please advise on what I can do. I have no HDD issues, DiskUtility can see both and all is looking good - I just don't know where to get started.

Thanks once again in advance ;)

QUESTION IN BRIEF : CAN/HOW DO YOU INSTALL LEOPARD FROM THE ISO AND NOT A DVD? FROM TIGER IF NEEDED?

As far as you know its not SATA but it probably is.

I don't think anybody has been able to install using an IDE drive... it generates the "apple.boot.whatever" error message.

I am going to have to buy a SATA drive later just to get Leopard installed I think :S

As far as you know its not SATA but it probably is.

I don't think anybody has been able to install using an IDE drive... it generates the "apple.boot.whatever" error message.

I am going to have to buy a SATA drive later just to get Leopard installed I think :S

Installs and works just fine for me, without a SATA device to be seen.

IDE master HDD, IDE Slave CD/DVD drive.

Asrock ConRoe 1333/667 m/b, BIOS 1.20, Intel 945G/ICH7

Yeah I've tried "restoring" the Kalyway DVD image (the DMG file that you make in DiskUtility from the official ISO) to both the first and second partitions on my external HDD but when it comes on, it just gets to a black DOS-like screen with a flashing cursor/caret in the top left. Nothing else happens :)