UH OH. SH*#!

mtotho

2 posts in this topic

Well looks like i will be saying good by to my Perfectly working

Hackintosh1: -GA-P35-DS3L Mobo. -4x1 GB Corsair XMS Ram(maxmem=3456). -Intel C2Q @ 3.0ghz. -EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Vram. -LiteOn Sata DVD Drive. -WD Raptor 10K RPM 70gb (Vista 64/Leopard). 2 Seagate 320GB(SATA). -Leopard Install 100. - W/Vanilla(used Kalyways). -Tri Boot[Leopard/Vista64/XP] W/Vista Bootloader. -Xbench Results: 187 -Logitech Quickam STX (works in all apps)

Apparently you cannot take PCI devices out of computers when their on. My computer shut down and will not start no matter what i do. I emailed Gigabyte with the problem, yet to here a reply. Funny, ive dont this countless times on other motherboards.. never was a problem till gigabyte.. Oh Well.

And you know its a good sign when your computer doesnt freak out at you for starting it without ram in it.

Well I still have my good old EVGA 680i... Also i have my good old *broken* Asus P5W DH deluxe. I scratched a trace pretty bad. I may have a go at repairing it. If i can than YEEHAH cause then I will have a better Hack than i started out with.

Wish me luck.

im sorry, but im sure many computer builders and junkies would agree with me on this. ARE YOU INSANE!!!?? NEVER unseat/unplug ANYTHING other than sata drives and usb cables while the machine is ON. you risk shorting out both the peripheral you're removing AND your motherboard, like you did. wow, i've never heard of someone doing that. its common sense man! the least you could have done was put the machine in standby so very little power was running through it. I imagine your PSU is probably at least 650 watts prob 750. ALL THAt POWER IS RUNNING THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER! (well not all of it, just what's being used, but still a lot). just my 2 cents.