Leo won't install on any of the partitions I have on computer?

crikfromcincy

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so I set my main hdd, (disk 0) with 3 partitions... Vista on main, xp on second, and a third that is unallocated. I planned on installing kalyway's leopard 10.5.1 on that partition.... but when I get into diskutility, it only sees the disks, not the partitions. If I go on to "continue installation", all of my drives (other internal and external) have a red exclamation mark on them, and say that leopard can't be installed. Is what I'm trying to do here even possible? I have set up EasyBCD to have the added option for Leopard before installing leopard, and I've tried activating the partition to see if it makes a difference, but it doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

Is it really that important? I wouldn't think the specs of my mb, hdds, and vid card would have any bearance on the question I asked.... but then again, what do I know?

2.40 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Berkeley 1.xx

Bus Clock: 267 megahertz

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 5.07 08/08/2007

IDE Channel [Controller] (4x)

Intel® ICH9 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 2926

Intel® ICH9 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2920

**Main hdd is a 360gb with 40gb for xp, and 20 for leo.... in that order (vista, xp, leo)

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

3072 Megabytes Installed Memory (DDR2)

i just installed it on a berkly, and it works great, set you sata controller to ahci and when installing using iatkos 1.0 rc2 select sata component it will give you a ich9 driver oh and make sure you set the drive active and bootable. Oh and dont forget to select efi boot loader.