Quintuple Boot?

Jazzwitherspoon

5 posts in this topic

I have Windows XP and Vista installed on one hard drive, and basically want to use my other hard drive to test out the other above mentioned operating systems.

I installed Leopard with the GUID partition table along with Ubuntu and Suse originally, installing Leopard, then Suse, then Ubuntu. The Ubuntu bootloader recognized my Windows bootloader, but I couldn't boot into Suse or Leopard.

What would be the best order to install these OSes so that I can boot into any of them, and would setting up Leopard on a MBR partition table make it more likely to be recognized by whichever OS has the best bootloader?

Well, its gonna be tough with GUID. Are all the os's on that second hardrive in GUID?

It would be very possible with MBR. Simply install all those os's as MBR. Then make Vista's hardrive and partition active and use EasyBCD in Vista and add all the entries for those Operating systems. I have a similiar setup. I have Vista/XP on one hardrive and Leopard (with partitions set aside to install linux) And i can tri boot between xp vista and leopard using Vista bootloader. I know if i add Linux to my one partition i will be able to add that to vista bootloader no problem.

Well, its gonna be tough with GUID. Are all the os's on that second hardrive in GUID?

It would be very possible with MBR. Simply install all those os's as MBR. Then make Vista's hardrive and partition active and use EasyBCD in Vista and add all the entries for those Operating systems. I have a similiar setup. I have Vista/XP on one hardrive and Leopard (with partitions set aside to install linux) And i can tri boot between xp vista and leopard using Vista bootloader. I know if i add Linux to my one partition i will be able to add that to vista bootloader no problem.

So, it does work well with MBR? That's what I was planning to try next, so it's good to know that should work.

Yea of course, MBR way more friendly.... the only thing is you cannot resize partitions on that same hardrive... leopard on MBR isnt friends with that.