ToH RC2 and the new Alex Voice

Eidola

4 posts in this topic

I have a fully working install of Leopard installed from the ToH RC2 DVD, upgraded to 10.5.1 and using the 9.1.0 patched kernel.

However, I do not seem to have the new Alex voice installed and was wondering where I might be able to get it.

Oddly, using Pacifist to look at the install packages on the DVD shows some odd things... the Additional Voices package shows that it contains the kernel(!) file and other kexts, not voices like the filename would suggest.

As I have a fully working system I would prefer to not have to reload everything... does anyone know how I can get Alex installed and working?

Many thanks!

-Eidola

I am grabbing the retail Leopard ISO, so I will check if the voice is on there or not.

Figured I may as well have the retail image lying around anyways... though right now it's a 7.5gb download just to check if a voice file exists or not! :(

I really can't wait until I can get myself a nice Mac Pro... :)

Just a note that the additional speech voices package on the retail Leopard DVD does indeed contain the new Alex voice.

I simply use Pacifist to install that single package and Alex became a choice in the Speech control panel.

I don't know why the ToH RC2 release has the wrong contents in it's additional speech package, which is why it is always nice to have a copy of the original source material. :censored2: