iMon LCD and LCDProc solution

BigBadOwl

40 posts in this topic

I have the oem version of the imon ultra bay ( http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Products/im...amp;leftMenu=26 )

Ive tried many times with the lcdproc and have had no success. Ive edit the the ids and the osx patch files.. my id is Vendor ID: 0x15c2

Product ID: 0x003. i have no problem recompiling the source but it wont install after.

with mine theres is the ir part of the device that shares the same ids, which might be what is keeping it from installing correctly.. but im not sure thats the only problem. i was hoping more people would have had better success by now and figured out a better way. ive emeaild soundgraph about more support then just windows and they reply it's sold as a windows only device and to try 3rd party apps for other OS's :\

• 4 weeks later...

For people with the Antec Fusion Black:

Does your case have an LCD or is it a VFD similar to the pictures in this thread?

If it is a SoundGraph LCD, the above source will not work. There are patches out there to get LCDproc to work with it though. If people are still interested, I can give it a try.

Also, you can get an updated version of GrowLCDproc at my new website:

http://maclcd.blogspot.com/

• 4 months later...

Just a quick FYI. On my setup I had to use '/dev/cu.serial1' for my device in the LCDd.conf.

It was a little confusing, as there is also a '/dev/tty.serial1' which I was using and wouldnt work (despite working with 'screen /dev/tty.serial1 19200').

Hardware:

Matrix Orbital LCD-2041

GA-945GCM-S2C (onboard serial port works!)

running 10.5.6

Many thanks to epooch for his help.

• 4 weeks later...
I could use some help with this aswell ...

Received my chiefec case today and been fiddling around to get the vfd working but no luck so far. The product id differs from the one already supplied.

Vendor ID: 0x15c2

Product ID: 0x0036

However i run into a bunch of trouble trying to recompile the driver through xcode ... tried to hexedit the original file aswell but was unable to find the string 65500

Anyone who could help me with this?

Hi, the driver for this VFD has been successfully developed. It has not been released yet, but it will be soon. You will be able to find it in the website: http://maclcd.blogspot.com/

I show a picture from his website. That case is a Silverstone LC-16M with a Imon Soundgraph VFD which Vendor ID is: 0x15c2 and Product ID is 0x0036 as well.

• 1 month later...

To all the Silverstone LC16M owners interested, I post here a Controllermate configuration file that will make all the buttons in the case work with the exception of the volume knob.

Luckily I read that Controllermate is free to use if you programm no more than 8 buttons, and this case has 7 (plus the volume knob that I cant figure out how to do that).

I inserted a couple scripts on the "drivers", one for the stop button and another for the mute button. Both editable in Controllermate. By default I only programmed the stop button to stop any movie or music being played in iTunes, DVD Player or Quicktime. If you want to add more programms, its very easy to add more in Controllermate. I did not include more programms there because if you dont have one of these programms installed that the script calls, it will show an annoying window saying that the computer does not find the programm anywhere.

If anyone would like to try to programm a driver for the volume knob I would be very happy to help as much as I could, though that is just beta testing because I am not a programmer.

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I have a Black Antec Fusion, with imon LCD (not vfd), and I've been trying to install LCDproc, but with no luck. I tried downloading the new zip from maclcd but I had no luck.

I edited the config file to match my product id (Vendor ID: 0x15c2 Product ID: 0x0038), and edited the size of the display, but I can't seem to get the driver to load properly.

The remote is working though... (mouse and some keys, not mutimedia keys)

this is the errors I get when I installed it:

imon: Device 56 is an LCD
imon: Device 56 uses control endpoint
imon: Looking for device matching vendorID=0x15c2 and productID=0x0038
imon: Found matching device 0x1003: Configuring for input/output
imon: Found interface 0x1303
imon: Unable to open device interface. ret= e00002c5
imon: No matching interface found. ret= e00002c5
imon: Error during device init (see previous errors)
imon: No device matching vendorID=0x15c2 and productID=0x0038 found.
imon: init() done
Driver [imon] init failed, return code -1
Module /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imon.so could not be loaded
Could not load driver imon
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.

Any ideas?

Hi there!

I have a Black Antec Fusion, with imon LCD (not vfd), and I've been trying to install LCDproc, but with no luck. I tried downloading the new zip from maclcd but I had no luck.

I edited the config file to match my product id (Vendor ID: 0x15c2 Product ID: 0x0038), and edited the size of the display, but I can't seem to get the driver to load properly.

The remote is working though... (mouse and some keys, not mutimedia keys)

this is the errors I get when I installed it:

imon: Device 56 is an LCD
imon: Device 56 uses control endpoint
imon: Looking for device matching vendorID=0x15c2 and productID=0x0038
imon: Found matching device 0x1003: Configuring for input/output
imon: Found interface 0x1303
imon: Unable to open device interface. ret= e00002c5
imon: No matching interface found. ret= e00002c5
imon: Error during device init (see previous errors)
imon: No device matching vendorID=0x15c2 and productID=0x0038 found.
imon: init() done
Driver [imon] init failed, return code -1
Module /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imon.so could not be loaded
Could not load driver imon
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.

Any ideas?

Hi!

I certainly know that your Device ID has successfully been programmed to work with the driver from the same website you downloaded it (maclcd.blogspot.com). Besides, I know the programmer told me he succeeded and he even has a picture of it working, and it is not an VFD. I would recommend you asking him in his website. The man who programms these drivers is very cool.

My idea is that if it says "Module /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imon.so could not be loaded

" means that the driver was not loaded. Ok, that was a very "bright" thing to say, I know, but what I mean is that the driver address was not properly specified. In order to do so, you have to edit the LCDd.conf file and mention where did you put the driver, imon.so in the system. I think you cannot edit this imon.so file directly, but you can edit the file imon.c before compiling (that is installling the script) so that the script compiles it with the right information. In this imon.c file you have to put the Device ID (the 0038 right?) and the manufacturer. I had these problems too, but I was not the one who succeeded making everything, that was the programmer from this website. If you dont succeed with my help, sorry, then you will have to ask there because I dont think I know much more. Send me the files Imon.c and LCDd.conf if you want me to check that they are right, though I warn you, I will help as much as I can, but I cant promise anything.

Hope it was of some help this information.

Good luck!

Hi!

I certainly know that your Device ID has successfully been programmed to work with the driver from the same website you downloaded it (maclcd.blogspot.com). Besides, I know the programmer told me he succeeded and he even has a picture of it working, and it is not an VFD. I would recommend you asking him in his website. The man who programms these drivers is very cool.

My idea is that if it says "Module /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/imon.so could not be loaded

" means that the driver was not loaded. Ok, that was a very "bright" thing to say, I know, but what I mean is that the driver address was not properly specified. In order to do so, you have to edit the LCDd.conf file and mention where did you put the driver, imon.so in the system. I think you cannot edit this imon.so file directly, but you can edit the file imon.c before compiling (that is installling the script) so that the script compiles it with the right information. In this imon.c file you have to put the Device ID (in hex values, transform them with the osx calculator) and the manufacturer ID (in hex too). To transform a number in hex, type it in normal mode, and then click on Hex (put the calculator program in programmer view mode). I had these problems too, but I was not the one who succeeded making everything, that was the programmer from this website. If you dont succeed with my help, sorry, then you will have to ask there because I dont think I know much more. Send me the files Imon.c and LCDd.conf if you want me to check that they are right, though I warn you, I will help as much as I can, but I cant promise anything.

Hope it was of some help this information.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I got an IMon LCD Silverstone Grandia case and would like to test this driver but I do not have the Apple developer tools...could someone make the compiled version available please, or does this have to be compiled on each individual machine to work properly?

I do not care so much about the lcd but the ir would be great in conjunction with a harmony remote!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thx, the controllermate config file works like a charm...Thx.

Would be cool, if i can get a script for the pad. But controller mate doesnt show any activity if i press a button on the imon pad.

The Imon Pad and the volume knowb work somehow through device that controls the IR and LCD too, though they need (if I understood correctly) different programming. I know that EPOOCH was working on the IMON PAD with some users but I got no interest in that remote and I cannot recall about that. Go to his website and check it out.

http://maclcd.blogspot.com/

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I need some help from you guys. I'm having a really weird issue:

I have a Back Antec Fusion with lcd, using it with a leopard vanilla install, with lcdprog. I really need to disable the IR functionality completely.

I need to do so, because whenever I use my satellite tv remote controller (pressing number pad 1 or 9 in my satellite remote), my hackintosh recognizes it as a mouse event (left click and drag) witch f*cks up the mouse control. It breaks my left mouse click.

I know it sounds crazy but its true, so I decded to just disable any IR in my box so it doesn't reacts to my Sat Remote. I tried removing AppleIRController.kext, but it doesn't work. It still picks the mouse event. I even thought of blocking my LCD and IR receiver with tape, but this is kind of extreme.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

T.

• 4 months later...
Also, just to check if this is normal... When my computer is shutdown, but still turned on the PSU, my LCD is bright blue. Constantly bright blue. Never shuts off unless I turn off the PSU.

I have the same problem. But even if my PSU is turned off my LCD is bright blue. So what i need to turn off the display when i shutdown the os?

Is there a workaround or something?

When would it by possible to use the volume knob?

(I have the imon display 0x0038 0x15c2 an it works.)

• 6 months later...