Leopard Wireless?

Jynx

9 posts in this topic

I can remember a long time ago dealing with wireless woes left and right. Running to the store, buying, taking back, buying, taking back, wireless adapter after wireless adapter before I found one that worked in OSX. At the time I had to edit the 80211Family.kext(sp?) to include the Broadcom vendor ID, but it worked. In later releases it just continues to work without editing anything. Now come Leopard it picks up that I have a wireless adapter, shows an enabled Airport. Yet it will not picking any wireless signals, so its working but its not if that makes sense. I looked at that same kext file and their are now a ton of vendor id's included; mine being one of them. I can't figure out whats wrong. Does anyone have any older 80211Family kext they had to load in order to get broadcom wireless working?

Well I gave it 3 1/2 hours before I add anything to it.. don't want to get annoying as that helps no one! But any assistance would be great. I'm at work now so I want to get a game plan together to head home with later and work on this.

Thanks guys!

I tried all the methods, files..etc that I've found utilizing search. I have the F5D7001 which everything says is good to have. It worked great in Tiger, is found in Leopard, but sees no wireless networks.

• 2 months later...

You need to have compaible hardware guys.. I have a linksys wmp54GS that works out of the box with no drivers needed.

make sure its the GS model though, the wmp54 does not work.

-one