The windows 're-paint'/lag/dont move when I scroll

handyandy164

13 posts in this topic

The windows 'lag' a bit. I mean when you scroll thru a list of say documents, they leave a trail of letters and files etc. Have anyone got any 'wise knowledge' of how I can fix this! Thanks

-Andrew

P.s. I am writing this on my (finally) working OSx86 installation all thanks to muitommy.

Thanks!

No hardware specs, no help.

Oh yes, that helps dosent it... Sorry, had about 2 hours sleep, feeling abit <yawns> dosey.

Specs:

Installation DVD: Mac OS X v10.4.8 JaS Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 w/ PPF1.

Acer Aspire

Intel P4 2.8GHz (SSe2)

786MB Ram

Intel 82865G Intergrated Graphics (But Im using an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 because the 82865G is in Black and white...) - So the nVidia GeForce FX 5200 is my graphics.(PCI-Express)

160GB Seagate Barracuda (With XP/Vista Dual-Booted Properly - NTFS - 2 Partitions)

20GB Seagate 'something!' (With Mac installed) (Can boot Mac using Chain0 on my Vista bootloader, I have a triple boot) :)

Thanks

Andrew

What drivers are you using for the FX 5200? Natit? Have you referred to the wiki to see what works best with that card. I'm with SticMan, I think the drivers are the issue.

Thats what I thought to, I put the kexts from a different site, ill try find what one it was. Also, when I boot into Mac, it says the thing didnt inplement or whatever correctly...

I have Tiger 10.4.8 . (should I upgrade to 10.4.11 through software update? Also when I click ABout This Mac, it crashes and does what explorer does in Windoze, it reopens it.) Also, now my KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKING after I installed iTunes and a Java update... Help!)

Ugh, I think we have opened a can of worms. As for video drivers, check on the wiki for your specific card, I am almost positive it is listed there. As for what it says about something not being implemented correctly we need more information and what exactly it says. About this Mac crashing is the Loginwindow problem, you can find a fix for this on uphucks release of 10.4.9 although on the Jas DVD I'm not sure if it is there or not, take a look. If not google Loginwindow fix OSX86. Dont upgrade to 10.4.11 if you aren't using EFI which I am guessing you are not because of your system specs. Keyboard issue is something I havent run into or read about, so you are on your own for that one.

Good luck, let me know how you make out. Please try and research the problems you are having before coming back to post though. I am nearly positive there are solutions for all of them, simple one for the keyboard would be to use a USB keyboard. But google works best for searching the OSX86 content rather than using insanelymac's search.

Ugh, I think we have opened a can of worms. As for video drivers, check on the wiki for your specific card, I am almost positive it is listed there. As for what it says about something not being implemented correctly we need more information and what exactly it says. About this Mac crashing is the Loginwindow problem, you can find a fix for this on uphucks release of 10.4.9 although on the Jas DVD I'm not sure if it is there or not, take a look. If not google Loginwindow fix OSX86. Dont upgrade to 10.4.11 if you aren't using EFI which I am guessing you are not because of your system specs. Keyboard issue is something I havent run into or read about, so you are on your own for that one.

Good luck, let me know how you make out. Please try and research the problems you are having before coming back to post though. I am nearly positive there are solutions for all of them, simple one for the keyboard would be to use a USB keyboard. But google works best for searching the OSX86 content rather than using insanelymac's search.

I cant find the loginwindow thing you were talking about. Yeah, the keyboard just stopped working after i installed iTunes and a java update. can u try and find me a link for the loginwindow fix. thx for ur help so far. i think i also need a link for the video driver (geforce fx5200) i dont no which one to use! and i think i mightre-install mac so tha my keyboard is working. What is EFI?

For the loginwindow fix I cant seem to locate a link, I noticed it on my Uphuck v1.3 disc. As for the EFI question go here > http://netkas.org/?p=8

After some research this is what you need for the fx 5200, it is actually Titan not Natit, sorry my bad, a simple google search helped me with that, you really need to be on top of that. Here is the link

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Titan

Havent found anything about the keyboard, but I am not going to spend my time going through google when you are capable of doing so, there is a solution out there, just take a look. As for what to search try something like "osx86 keyboard not working"

Good luck

OK, i think i am getting somewhere now... Titan was an option when I was installing Mac off my JaS 10.4.8 dvd. I AM thinking of re-installing Mac, because my keyboard WAS working when I first booted (and i can select TITAN when installing too).

Loginwindow fix... hmmm, Can you upload the files to something like MegaUpload (is it a kext) so I can use it in my 10.4.8? Also, how can I make my PC "EFI"??

Last, but not least, is there a package of apps that I can download from somewhere that I can use in my OSx86 installation?? Can I just go and "buy" a copy from my local Mac store? Or do I have to have a specially designed bunch of apps (is that what PPF's are??)

Thank you so much for your help (so far :( )

Andrew