Leopard Kalyway on a 4coredual-sata2

sherkhan

7 posts in this topic

Hello, i have a Asrock 4coredual-sata2 with a hdd western digital 320 gb sata2 attached and a ide hdd seagate. The problem is that kalyway dont recognize me the SATA 2 disk. i looked for a solution in forum and only find this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=63790 where he say that need to add the vendor id of my southbrige controller.

My controller is a VT8237S as u can see in http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=4CoreDual-SATA2 (the same that the post). I changued my id as described in the post, but when load i get an VIA UNKNOWN.

If i install kalyway on the ide hdd its install fine and all works but dont recognize de SATA hdd.

Anny suggestion? Anyone has installed sucefully kalyway on this mobo with a SATA disk?. I read all the forum topics and nobody have the same problem.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------

CPU: Intel QuadCore Q6600

MEM: 2Gb Kingston DDR2 533

MB: Asrock 4coredual-sata2

HDD: 1 SATA2 WD 320GB, 1 WD IDE 80GB

----------------------------------------

You're not the only ones running this mobo, there are more and leopard is running fine on this puppy. Check out thestevo's posts, there's some discussions going on here about al the asrock dual and 4core vsta motherboards. There are also some links to downloads of kexts that should get your rig up and running.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

I also have a mobo like yours, and i can't get network to work, Leopard recognizes a device and that's it, I installed with thestevo patch, do u think that was the problem? You installed with the patch? Or just kalyway 10.5.1?

I have a 120GB seagate SATA disk that isn't recognized :D

i dont use yet the buitin network card. I use a 3com pci and work fine, but doesnt the sata2 disk. i use the kalyway 10.5.1 without thestevos path, kalyway 10.5.1 with thestevos path, i trie use a jumper on the sata2 disk to force it use SATA and not SATA2 but not luck.

I think that thestevo patch never works with this mobo beacause the chipset of southbridge is diferent. Thesthevo path is designed for the chipset VT8237A, and our mobo is diferent. 4coredual-SATA2 uses a diferent chipset VT8237S.

I also have a mobo like yours, and i can't get network to work, Leopard recognizes a device and that's it, I installed with thestevo patch, do u think that was the problem? You installed with the patch? Or just kalyway 10.5.1?

I have a 120GB seagate SATA disk that isn't recognized :(