Need Help formatting HD for OS X 1.4.10

G-monay

4 posts in this topic

I am in need of some assistance. My computer is:

HP Pavilion a1720n

Intel Core II 1.86 GHz

3 GB Ram

320 GB primary HD (with Vista Premium)

I have a brand new Seagate 500 GB Sata HD. It's not formatted. I tried to format it using diskpart and following a forum member's directions (devil something). I can not get my HD formatted for OS X. What other programs are there for PC's that will allow me to make it HFS+ compatible? I would like to have 350 MB for Mac OS X and the rest for use with my PC. I tried Gparted and got an error as well. I also have an exact copy of my iMac saved to an external Lacie 250 Gb firewire HD. But I can't seem to boot to that either.

All I want is to run Mac OS X on my PC until I can afford to get a Mac again. I had to sell mine last year because I was out of work and now miss it terribly.

post-175560-1201059595_thumb.jpgpost-175560-1201059587_thumb.jpg

Fomat it as NTFS From within vista then reboot into your mac os x dvd and use the disk utility located in the utilities menu to erase it as MAC OS Extended.

EDIT: You wont be able to boot from an un-patched copy of mac os x. Getting mac os x to run on pc hardware is not just a case of plugging in and going.

Have you tried the method of leaving the dsik unallocated adn just formated it using the "create partition primary id=af". I know that worked for my 10.4.10 install from the Kalyway DVD. Then I booted into the OS X install and in Disk utility I erased it to the HFS+ format and everything worked great. Try that and see what it does for you. Let me know if that worked out okay for you.

toshiba_mac24.

I tried to do the command below, and I was asked to format it. And it wouldn't. I've used Acronis and formatted it FAT32 and NTFS and whenever I run the installer, it does not see any of my HD! It just shows the DVD.....

I've attached a picture of what my HD looked like formatted and the choices I have using Acronis. I need help because I am getting nowhere fast. Thanks for your reply :)

post-175560-1201411258_thumb.jpgpost-175560-1201411245_thumb.jpg

Have you tried the method of leaving the dsik unallocated adn just formated it using the "create partition primary id=af". I know that worked for my 10.4.10 install from the Kalyway DVD. Then I booted into the OS X install and in Disk utility I erased it to the HFS+ format and everything worked great. Try that and see what it does for you. Let me know if that worked out okay for you.

toshiba_mac24.