Inspector - iWork '08 problem.

cwisfa

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First post here- I've searched for my problem, but no on else seems to have my problem. If you could help in any way, it'd be greatly appreciated :angry2:

So here's my background:

2.2Ghz Intel Dual-core processor

2GB DDR2 RAM

Radeon X1550 512MB GPU

320GB Western Digital SATA HDD.

Alrightey. Now, with the specifications out of the way, let me tell you my story.

Firstly, I thought it'd be a good idea to have Mac for presentations and XP for just general gaming and E-mail etc. My native OS is XP, so I was going to dual-boot Mac on a seperate primary partition.

I followed this tutorial (which, by the way- is written for Vista):

http://inihilist.wordpress.com/2008/01/07/...and-fool-proof/

It was incredibly helpful, although I did have to tweak a few things to suit XP instead of Vista.

After following the tutorial, I felt- hey. I need Keynote; it's pretty much the only reason I want Mac on my HDD, aside from a few other things.

So I downloaded the trial of Keynote and registered a serial key. Then, when I clicked on Keynote- it came up with a blank screen. I clicked OK, and as I watched my memory usage rush from 0% 2% to constant readings of 98% 97%, I decided to 'Force Quit' Keynote. I searched Google for a while, using these facts:

In console (which I found by chance), it read more than four-thousand lines of:

invalid pixel context

invalid context

... to which my computer was making a big fuss over.

I figured after a lot of searching that my Radeon X1550 didn't support CI/QE and perhaps that was the reason why I couldn't use iWork '08 properly. So, I went around googling for 'Core Image hacks' and stuff, and realised there was no real answer. With two last searches, I found these pages-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry477069

... I didn't want to download 1.1GB just to be able to fix Keynote- I was nearing my bandwith limit. I'm in Australia, and a 15GB limit is quite large for a home connection.

Anyhow, I also stumbled upon this page:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=7230

It was very similar to the pages I had seen before- but Keynote doesn't have a Defaults.plist, so it didn't work. However, there were quite a number of posts that wanted to know the same answer I did. So, doing a little more digging uncovered one guy that (on the second page of the thread) posted up a Defaults.plist file that would let Keynote work. It worked!

Pages now works too.

However, there's one thing that is really annoying me- in Keynote; the transitions are to die for.

However, whenever I click on the 'Inspector' button, it just shows the clicking animation of the button and does nothing. I was under the impression that it was meant to bring up a prompt of some sort.

I'd like to know if it's a problem with the way I installed my OS, if it's because I've de-activated SFRAcceleratedCanvas, or if it's because I'm dual-booting.

Any advice would be great :)

Thanks in advance, and I hope someone replies. :D

Chris

Do you think that's my problem?

I was thinking of going to the nearest computer shop and buying one- but I'm starting to think that I don't really need it- I've got a 512MB graphics card already; and I don't want to downgrade just to use Keynote.

... I mean, if it is- then I will probably express my interest in purchasing one... but- that's just as a last resort.

Thanks for the help, it means a lot.

:)

• 3 months later...