Leopard on Toshiba x205

Scheauwghn

11 posts in this topic

Hey, I have had a really really hard time installing OS X 10.4.8 and above on my PC. the JaS 10.4.6 intel worked (with no sound/ethernet.etc.) but I cant get any other vierson to work (AKA uphuck 10.4.9, Jas 10.4.8, iAtkos 10.5.1, etc.). Here are my system specs:

Toshiba Salellite X205-S9359

Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz

nVidia GeForce 8700 GT 512MB

Mobile Intel PM965 Express chipset

2gb RAM

Dual HDD 320GB (one for visa and the other for OS X)

I tried installing Leopard 10.5.1 (iAtkos 1.0i) and it when rebooting it only took me to the blinking cursor (nt even a bootup logo). And that also what happends when I try to install the other OS X versions. I have tried with EFI, darwin86 bootloader, disabling the 2nd core, activating that specific drive, and combinations of all of those... Still no cigar. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I need some big help with this. I have a project that needs to be done on OS X before I leave the country. Any help would be VERY VERY appriciated.

Sounds like the partition isnt active. Boot into the install dvd. Open a terminal when you can. And type diskutil list that will give you a list of drives write down the leopard drive number such as rdiskXsY where x and y are numbers. Put those numbers in place of the X and Y in my instructions.

In terminal where each new line is a new command.

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX

update

f Y

w

y

q

reboot

Thanks Agent. After you posted that I went ahead and tried it. Unfortunately it still didn't work. I ended up at the same blinking cursor. I even tried activating all the partitions on my OS X drive one at a time to see if that had any effect. When I boot up with the DVD, I get the .com.apple.boot.plist error. Any suggestions?

• 6 months later...

Howdy Folks

I've got an X205 - sli

Toshiba Salellite X205-Sli1

Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz

nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 512MB

2gb RAM

Dual HDD 240GB (one for vista and the other for OS X)

I have no issues dual booting (I just hit F12 and pick my drive so thats not the problem)

I was wondering though -> if anyone out there's had any luck with any x205 osx leo installs? I saw it listed in the compatibility as being compatible with video (no sound). Just wanted to ask if anyone who's got the video working (or by some insane miracle got the sound working too) could post up the details of how they got it working? I'm a bit new to all this, and the notes in the wiki about QE/CI and EFI are bit vague to me...

I've just tried iAtkos 2, 4 and leo4all 3. leo4all's the only one thats worked so far, although it won't detect my disc drive.

Anyway, looking forward to any word from the masses, hehe. Thanks for reading

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I've successfully installed using the Kalyway 10.5.2 install dvd, on an x205-sli3. However, I've never been able to get the video cards working at a decent resolution. This laptop does have dual 8600GT. A single 8600GT on a separate desktop is recognized and works out of the box. Why won't the SLi on the laptop work? I realize apple drivers do not support SLi, but why can't it be supported via nvkush, natit, nvinject, etc.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

I also have an x205 not sli just a single 8700gt and recently installed kalyway 10.5.2. Could somebody please explain to me how to get the WIFI, sound, and nvidia drivers to work. I've been looking for them for days and I am soo confused. Thanks in advance. If anyone else has an x205 and another working osx please tell me what it is. 

Thanks in advance. :(

• 1 year later...

Hello.

I have a X205-Sli3

I was installed first iatkos s3 v2.

Then, i was downloaded the dsdt from a x205-sli6 and i installed it, but then, it didnt like to reboot anymore, panic kernel.

Then, i reinstall iatkos, panic kernel..

Reinstall without any kext... panic kernel

Then, reinstall IPC 10.5.x ... Panic Kernel.

I suppost that can be the dsdt corrupt, can anybody help me?.