Install OS X on Toshiba Satellite A200

Milan Djukic

13 posts in this topic

I'm a newbie here, so first of all i just want to say hallo to all of you.

I just bought Toshiba Satellite a200, and i would like to try installing Mac OS X on it, is it possible to install it my laptop and can you please recommend me which version should i try to install.

Thanx.

I have the same computer. I just found one and downloaded it. I used the 10.4.10 Kalyway install DVD. Everything worked out right for me too. What are your specs? I can help you figure out which drivers you need for your install. Also as a note, do not install OS X onto your laptop drive, make sure that you have an external hard drive either partitioned to fit the OS X system, or format the entire drive and use it as the OS system. I feel that works better so that way you will not have any corrupted files for system of Vista and having to reformat your C:/ drive all the time. I made that mistake once. So just format the external hard drive to the OS X file format using either diskpart or gparted or whatever program you plan to use the format to HFS+. LEt me know what install DVD yuo chose nad make sure that you burn it to a blank DVD-R otherwise it will not read properly.

toshiba_mac24

Well for drivers, I was told that for the GMA 950 graphics I ahd to use the GMA 900 driver because the 950 one is broken. I also have the Realtek audio and there is a kext called Azalia Audio that gives audio only to your built-in speakers. I tried to plug in my headphones and they would not work, it only works with the speakers on the laptop. As for the webcam I did not need any drivers, but you will find that no matter how much light you have, the webcam screen will always be black. I also needed to checked all the realtek ethernet drivers on the install DVD because I do not know which one made my ethernet work. If you really want to know what model of the A200 I have, I have the TR6 that was taken off the market a couple months ago.

Try searching for it on Google. The toshiba site does not advertise it anymore unless it could be in the discontinued models category.

And personally, I have not tried Leopard yet. So if you are going to try, let me know how the install goes and I will see if it works for me.

I have successfully installed iATKOS v1.0i, everything is working just fine, except of built in webcam, it appears like everything is ok, but when i try to start some app that uses webcam it goes blank, besides that everything is great and the installation and a first boot went without any problems whatsoever.

BTW my model is 1N2. Now i'm gonna try install it on my other laptop MSI VR600, i have try it before but i never succeeded.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also have a satellite A200, iAKTOS v1.0i worked for my first boot, but never booted again after that, if anyone knows of a better distro please tell me, I want to get back into using OS X.

I'm running Leo (iATKOS 2.0i) as my main OS, the only thing you need to be wary of is if you have an intel 3945 wifi card (no drivers, so no internet except wired/USB) and keep in mind the fans no longer work, so it gets "warm" although I've left mine on and it's never overheated (I use a wii intercooler to keep my A200 cool and cozy.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, of course, can you specify your drivers, so that someone can tellyou the version you should use.

For new users, Some Laptop Pc's From Toshiba Have Beta "Suports ss2 ss3 ss4" Intel Procesors like t8100, that are the same that apple use in their mac, I tell that for people who want to buy a new laptop.