Issues with Kalyway on Asus IPIBL-LA

olivergringold

3 posts in this topic

Hi, and sorry in advance if I come off as sounding uninformed; I'm pretty new to this. I tried all of yesterday to follow the tutorials on this site to get OSX86 up and running on my computer, to no avail. Here are the steps I followed to get to the furthest point:

*At kernel load, entered "-v -x cpus=1"

*Using disk utility, created GUID partitions on my new hard disk for multiple OSes, giving Mac OSX the first partition (Extended, Journaled)

*At customization window, checked: Vanilla_Kernel, Vanilla_ACPI_fix, NVINJECT_gfnvidia_desktop, AZALIA_out, and BOOT_efi_guid.

When I do that and leave the installation disk in the disk drive, I get taken to the Apple logo, whereupon nothing happens whatsoever. When I tried to boot into it using a boot manager (I tried both GAG as well as Easy BCD), I am told there was an "HFS+ Partition Error". Here're my system specs:

Mobo: ASUS IPIBL-LA

Proc: Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR2-800MHz (4x1024MB)

GFX: EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS w/640MB RAM

Both of my DVD drives and hard drives use SATA connections. I made most of the changes to the system BIOS recommended in other tutorials but, idiot that I am, I neglected to write them down. I do know, however, that I did not change my HPET settings to 64 bit, reason being that the ASUS IPIBL-LA does not have HPET settings.

Anybody able to help me out?

I'm guessing that this thread is being overlooked because individuals who might be able to help are assuming that somebody else might know more about the IPIBL-LA board, or are otherwise hoping that somebody else might make me go away. That has not happened. To present, I am the only person posting in this thread (and desperately so) in the hopes that somebody will extend a helping hand.

Will you? I'd be very grateful if you did.

• 8 months later...

hi

ive got the same specs

i got it to work yesterday with leo4all v 1.5.2 , only use -v cpus=1 flags

that should get u to the instalation setup

click customize before installing, select

ICHx

the first ACPI or something

ur graphics card etc..

if after its complete it doesnt work, try starting over and changing the packets u selected at custumise.

hope it helps...

p.s. im waiting for a patched bios that will allow all the cores to work.. pm me after u install

Francis

Hi, and sorry in advance if I come off as sounding uninformed; I'm pretty new to this. I tried all of yesterday to follow the tutorials on this site to get OSX86 up and running on my computer, to no avail. Here are the steps I followed to get to the furthest point:

*At kernel load, entered "-v -x cpus=1"

*Using disk utility, created GUID partitions on my new hard disk for multiple OSes, giving Mac OSX the first partition (Extended, Journaled)

*At customization window, checked: Vanilla_Kernel, Vanilla_ACPI_fix, NVINJECT_gfnvidia_desktop, AZALIA_out, and BOOT_efi_guid.

When I do that and leave the installation disk in the disk drive, I get taken to the Apple logo, whereupon nothing happens whatsoever. When I tried to boot into it using a boot manager (I tried both GAG as well as Easy BCD), I am told there was an "HFS+ Partition Error". Here're my system specs:

Mobo: ASUS IPIBL-LA

Proc: Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR2-800MHz (4x1024MB)

GFX: EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS w/640MB RAM

Both of my DVD drives and hard drives use SATA connections. I made most of the changes to the system BIOS recommended in other tutorials but, idiot that I am, I neglected to write them down. I do know, however, that I did not change my HPET settings to 64 bit, reason being that the ASUS IPIBL-LA does not have HPET settings.

Anybody able to help me out?