Acer Aspire 5315-2153 Working?

mjg0923

9 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

I had the same thing happen. Traced it down to the onboard broadcom (ethernet) chipset causing the "how do you connect" part to not start, which is the next step in the installation process. If you can disable your onboard lan/ethernet in the bios - do that first and retry. If you cant then put the harddrive in another computer, get past that step and put it back in the laptop - which is what I had to do.

i have acer 5315 with leopard running all working except wirless try pressing f8 on dvd boot options and then -x and if it boots dont select wireless drivers also i had to conect pc moniter while booting dvd and then intall video driver after install hope this helps, for wireless i just use a dlink usb works great

i have acer 5315 with leopard running all working except wirless try pressing f8 on dvd boot options and then -x and if it boots dont select wireless drivers also i had to conect pc moniter while booting dvd and then intall video driver after install hope this helps, for wireless i just use a dlink usb works great

is there any other to get wireless working?I realy need that for wifi, do you have a way to get it?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what install method did you use? I have Leopard 10.5.4 running on my 5315-2153 now after Leo4all V3 install > Kalyway combo 10.5.3 update > apple software update. I didn't run into any real snags..just followed the instructions on the Leo4all site and added audio + usb networking drivers to get sound and wifi working (I use a linksys wusb54g). internal wifi and networking doesn't work. sleep also doesn't work properly, but other than that I think it runs better than the vista it came preloaded with.

Hi Chad,

Well i downloaded the Leo4all v3 ISO and burnt it to disk.... then installed it onto acer but was told to only select the vanilla 9.2.2 kernal and nothing else.... screen went black and acer stopped running a few times..then i lifted it off my desk with a book..lol and it installed...

But now I get the welcome screen.. I choose UK, then british keyboard, then chose not to back up or whatever the bottom option is..it then hangs...goes grey and starts again at the welcome screen over and over and over..?? Can you advise what you did and options you used etc..?

A step by step would be FANTASTIC!!