I can't get it working... am I doing it right?

makmillion

3 posts in this topic

My PC specs are as follows:

AMD x2 3800+

2GB DDR2/PC2-4200

MSI K9NBPM2-FID Motherboard

evga 7600GT Video Card

Dual Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 hard drives + 40GB Maxtor IDE hard drive

Dual LG DVD+/-R/RW Drives (IDE/ATA)

I have the ToH Leapord build 10.5.1 and I get various errors depending on how I go about installing it.

1.) I tried using the above hardware with a single DVD Rom and a single 7200.10 HDD. No Go

2.) I tried using the above hardware with a single DVD Rom and the 40GB IDE drive. No go

3.) I tried using the above hardware with a single DVD Rom and a single 7200.10 HDD in SATA1.5 mode. No go

4.) I tried using the above hardware with a USB DVD drive and a single 7200.10 HDD in SATA1.5 mode. No go

5.) I tried using the above hardware with a USB DVD drive and a single 7200.10 HDD in SATA3.0 mode. No go

Basically, I've done almost everything I can think of and every time the disc either hangs while it's loading, I can't write to or do anything with the disc because of an 'Input/Output error', or it can't write to the disc in a certain location (can't recall the exact error) because the location doesn't exist..

Can someone please walk me through what I'm suppose to do to get this installed correctly? I feel like I've tried everything, but that I might be missing something.

-mak

PS: I also tried running it with F8 -v -x ENTER, no go on that either.. it just makes the disc hang..

I don't have the option in my BiOS for AHCI, as far as I can tell.. and I'm not sure which I have, because the kernel is definitely ToH, but the disc is 4.37GB in size, and I thought I read that the Kalyway release was that size..

I did, however, use sata port 1 the whole time, except when I was using the IDE drive..