System Profile problem

OrangeSunshine

6 posts in this topic

I just finished installing Leopard via BrazilMac install with EFI 8. Everything for the most part works great. I can update fine and everything. The one problem I have found so far is that when I open "About this Mac" it says that my processor is "3.8 GHz Unknown" when I am running a Q6600 at stock speeds. Furthermore when I then click on "More Info" the System Profiler says "There was an error while gathering this information." It only says this when "Hardware" is selected in the list on the left, all the other options seem to show the correct info.

This is important to me because I would like to make sure that all of my hardware is registering correctly and I am getting the full 'power' out of my components.

I am pretty new to the mac world and even more so to the hackintosh world so specifics would be appreciated if a fix is known.

My system:

Asus P5K

Intel Q6600

Asus EN7300GT video

8 gigs OCZ

Leopard 10.5.1

Thanks for your help!

Use the AppleSMBIOS.kext for the EFI_V80 pakage!

SticMAN

Thanks for the fast reply! So I copied the AppleSMBIOS.kext from the EFI8 folder and pasted it into my /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. It asked me if I wanted to replace and I selected "yes" and entered my password when prompted. I then reset the computer and when it came back up I get an error message that says "System extension cannot be used. The system extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext was installed improperly..." BUT now when I open my "About this Mac" it shows the correct speed for the processor and the system profiler now shows information. Most of it looks right but the Bus Speed says 100 MHz. If this is what speed the bus is operating at then I have a problem. Also when I click Memory in the list on the left I get "No information found." (it probably said this before I replaced the AppleSMBIOS.kext too I just didn't notice it).

Have I missed a step? I am closer just not quite there.

Again, I really appreciate the quick response.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...