Kalyway Install Help

tech4

4 posts in this topic

Now I am trying to install this on a Intel SE7230NH-1E mother BD with Pentium D Proccesor. The Kalyway 10.5.1 installer works fine but when the mahine goes to start, I see the Darwine loader for a second and then the machine restarts. I suspect it is in the EFI Emulation. I looked at Netkas site and tried the BIOS setings he suggests and it still does the same thing. I tried GUID format first and then MBR and still have the same results. I seem to be lost at trouble shootng and my knowledge is low on the shell commands. I tried to search the forum but can not find a solution. Where do I start to trouble shoot this machine.

Also I got 2 gigs if ram and trying to install on a SATA Drive.

Tech4

I just had a similar problem, you can see the loader for a second, then it reboots. Mine happened to be that the XD Technology under security was set to "disable" in BIOS. It needs to be enabled, and it stands for Execute Disable Bit, something that is in the processor. This is required for vanilla kernels. If your Pentium D is an 805 or higher (2.6ghz I think), it should support it. Not sure if this is the solution in your case, but I was getting really frustrated as well.

Well, I got it to do the blinking cursur thing. I found that you put the DVD in and it will try to load but then it restart as soon as the gray apple screen shows up. How to you go in to mode to se where it is restarting. The mode to use -v in. I don't seem to get the option.

Tech4

As soon as the disc loads, press F8, you will then get the boot: prompt. Type -v there and it will boot with the diagnostic messages...

If the option isn't there, I guess it might be a bit like Windows where you may need to continuously tap it while the disc boots - but I get the option on mine for a good 10 seconds.... I use iATKOS though... unsucessfully.