Keyboard problem

13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Like all the other LG laptop owners out there my keyboard doesn't work under OSX (post if you have the same problem). I've read every thread on this topic and tried everything from fixing permissions, replacing kexts to installing every version of OSX i can get my hands on but to no avail. So now i must throw myself upon the mercy of these forums......... and if not its a good excuse for me to buy a mac book air :)

Any help would be very appreciated from all of us carrying around the burden of a USB keyboard......

Thanks

hi brother,

this is arul from india.

i've happy to see MAC on my LG LAPTOP.

also i face the same keyboard problem.

but a flexible keyboard might help. a usb keyboard is working fine.

i've a lg lw70 express. also if u have the audio driver, please help me.

regards,

arul

Add the Gateway ML6720 to the list. My keyboard doesn't work. I have tried all the install DVDs all the way back to 10.4.3, and it simply does not work.

It's odd -- the trackpad works fine, but no keyboard. Both the trackpad and keyboard are PS/2.

I wonder what's different in these new laptops that causes keyboard failure?

Na3than: I don't have a LG LW70 but did a little research and found this thread with a kext from the Jas 10.4.7 dvd and a fix. Hope it helps, good luck!

Mark: Ya I was wondering the same thing, almost all the laptop keyboards i seen work with OSX and the ones that didn't only needed the ApplePS2Controller.kext permissions fixed (I've only seen one required a patched kext)

Everyone please keep posting your experience with this issue. Maybe we can get a think tank going to solve this enigma .........................*cough* and then take over the world *cough* :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Is here anybody who is programmer or who can write osx driver among us? I can give you the required inputs or port details. I will help you in making keyboard driver works with the best of my knowledge. I cannot wait for too long.......

Have you ever tried or develop a kext driver for our Laptop keyboard. Its a ps2 port keyboard. I had attached a picture file which will give you a idea. This keyboard is working through a service call i8042prt in windows vista. So, we need to add driver for Intel 8042. No Intel 8042 driver is provided for Leopard or Tiger till date. Only Ps2 controller driver cannot make our keyboard work.

post-121135-1202303823_thumb.jpg