Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Lee Batten

Mac ROM Help

3 posts in this topic

I got my first mac for Christmas, a lovely Mac Mini super drive, but I've be interested in trying out classic Mac OS. I have 7.5 running, but now I want to try OS 9. I have tried and tried to find a ROM, but it's turning out useless.

Apple should provide a ROM now, seeing as Classic is dropped from the almighty Leopard.

Any help is deeply appriecated.

I will not show you where are the files, but how to get to it.

Search for "world ROM" in my site. (look above)

There are 2 different kinds of ROMs for Power Macintosh emulation. Remeber: there is the Old World ROM and the New World ROM. The Systems like 9.0.4 can only be emulated with a NWR.

It's in portuguese, but if you do it right, you will find 2 posts with easy-share downloads. :)